IFish Fishing Forum banner
  • Are you passionate about fishing? Would you like to write about topics that interest you and get paid for it? Read all about it here!
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
2,653 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, first I want to say I'm NOT superstitious, knock on wood. But my experience has been that bananas are bad juju while pursuing piscatorial prey.....

I know alot of your guys/gals feel bananas are just the ticket, but I don't.....

Here's the question.... where can I find some anti-banana decals for the windows of my boat? I've done internet searches on several occasions, and found nothing.

Pearl had a great picture of Just what I'm looking for on Woody's recent "Bananas? It's true! Ask Mr. X" thread.

Any help would be greatly appreciated...... thanks, Tim :grin:

·
Registered
2,653 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks Tom, but that's a political activist anti-banana site, and they don't have any decals.

I'm not against bananas! In fact, I love bananas, in my cereal, or my fruit salad. I eat 'em all the time..... but not on the boat...

Anybody????

·
Registered
2,653 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yeah..... exactly *** Clerk! That's what I'm lookin' for, except in a decal I can buy online, since I live many many miles from a city....

·
Registered
4,490 Posts
I think pearl is out of town this week, so I'll try to answer for him. From what I understand, they were custom made by one his fishing buddies and they are no longer available.

·
Registered
2,653 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
An ole' time story..... black widow spiders on a merchant ship long ago.... loaded with the cargo of bananas.... many of the crew died.

I've been on many fishin' trips over the years, and when bananas were aboard, fish just didn't have ANY interest in bitin'...... Is it bogus superstition? Of course! Do I still want those anti-banana decals? Yep..... :grin:

·
Registered
2,629 Posts
Might have to wait till next sportsmen show next year, thats where I found mine, just like pictured above.

·
Registered
2,653 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks Dampainter..... and if that's the case, then I'll just have to wait. Maybe I'll be able to cajole a fellow ifisher into gettin' me a couple and sending 'em to me....

I was hopin' someone would come up with an internet site I hadn't been able to find.....

Thanks all..... Tim :smile:

·
Registered
492 Posts
Try Motion Marine. They were selling them at the Sportsmans show.

·
Registered
2,703 Posts
I still say this whole banana thing as bad luck is bull.

However I do admit that the decals are kind of cool.

I think it would be fun to have one on the boat with a bigger circle & line over the whole decal. That would say please bring your bananas. :grin:

[ 07-10-2003, 06:13 PM: Message edited by: Stz ll ]

·
Registered
3,535 Posts
You people and your banana fears.
I still have not found that a banana is bad luck. I have caught more fish with a banana in my hand than I have without. Woody knows.

Heck I use a banana peel as a strike indicator. :bowdown:

[ 07-10-2003, 09:06 PM: Message edited by: fishchaser ]

·
Registered
5,633 Posts
No - it makes you a-bannana :shocked: :wink:

·
Registered
10,068 Posts
Someone just tell me where I can get a "No Carrots" sticker :shocked: . My wallet is waiting! :cheers:

·
Registered
2,653 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Ok, Ok...... Jeez, Didn't mean to stir up a hornet's nest.... :rolleyes:

I just wanted a website..... but I appreciate all your offers of help! :cheers:

Tyeebuster - thanks, and I'll check Motion Marine.

****** - there Is NO place to have it made around here, but thanks.

Rapid Robert - any info from your buddies would be appreciated....

Thanks guys..... tight lines!!!

Tim :bowdown:

1 - 20 of 32 Posts