IFish Fishing Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,692 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
While I was fishing at Greens Bridge on the North Santiam a couple of guys who had proceeded me down the drift to Jefferson earlier in the day asked me if I had seen a car or anything strange when I had put my boat in. I had noticed their truck and trailor and one other sadan. I shuttled my truck before my drift. Upon their return to the truck/trailor after their drift they noticed that they had been robbed of a drift boat cover and other items. It's much better when drifting that stretch that you park your rig closer to the road then it is to park close to the put in. Folks can at least see your rig as they drive down the road and therefore detour theifs-somewhat.

·
Registered
1,566 Posts
:hoboy: it sure would be nice to catch lowlifes like that in the act :mad:

·
Registered
4,437 Posts
Cully,
Was that today you were there or yesterday??
I drove by there 2 times yesterday for work in the afternoon and remember a few vehicles that were there.

[ 06-13-2003, 08:08 PM: Message edited by: Fish_N_Russ ]

·
Registered
1,602 Posts
This is occuring at an alarming rate. I saw in the paper that salem was 30th in the nation for stolen vehicles. A buddy from work had his car broken into in 5 minutes while he was n the store... :mad:

·
Registered
104 Posts
Yeah, the Willamette Valley is pretty bad; there have been vehicles stolen from the parking lot of MacLaren Youth Correctional Facility in Woodburn! And, it seems there's friction between boaters & bamk fishermen ('scuze me, fisherpeople...) on the Santiam. Personally, I've been out to my waist in the river actively fishing just to have boats back-bounce right over my line. Some guys (bless 'em) have enough class to float thru to the next hole; many don't. It's no excuse for stealing, don't get me wrong; I'm just not too surprised to hear it. Sad, isn't it?

·
Registered
2,692 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
fish_n_russ, It was friday the 13th. Figures. After drifting the run down to Jefferson and trailoring the boat, i gave my buddy a ride back up to greens to pick up his car. He had parked it by the formentioned truck and trailor that was broken into. My buddy had no problems with his car being messed with. I decided to bank fish a while so I parked my truck/boat and trailor right up by the put in. While fishing two non fisherman pulled in and...well you know the feeling, gave me the creeps. They made some small talk for 30 seconds then pulled right back out and disappeared. I guess I'll continue to use Bob Lusk Shuttles. He shuttles rigs pretty darn fast and knows where to park em.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts