IFish Fishing Forum banner
  • Are you passionate about fishing? Would you like to write about topics that interest you and get paid for it? Read all about it here!
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,355 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:cheers:
Nice fish...way to go!

·
Registered
448 Posts
Dang I want to go catch some of those! I'm starting to finally kick this flu bug and then its watch out sandy.

Nice fish Andy. It's nice to actually see some fish that were, without a doubt, taken the way a true sportsman would!

·
Registered
4,003 Posts
Fish Hawk and I hit the Sandy for some Coho action. The day started off a little slow, then some fresh fish moved in and they were HUNGRY!

Fish Hawk was drifting just eggs and doing just fine, except for getting the fish to the bank.
:hoboy: We both lost more fish than I would like to mention on the board here, but that is what makes fishing so addictive.

I was drifting a little corkie with some yarn pulled through and a quarter size glob of eggs. None of the fish we hooked hammered the eggs, very subtle takes.

We caught most of the fish in the top of the hole. Around the Dodge Park area. There are plenty of fish in the river now so get out there!

Thanks for going Matt!!

·
Registered
1,124 Posts
I hit the Sandy this afternoon (Wed) and scored 1 nice hen, 2 jacks, and several misses, all on fresh cured urb eggs under a bobber. Unfortunately I broke one of my rods when I thought I'd try spinners for awhile and snagged up. Oh well. Thanks Andy for the report.

[ 09-24-2003, 08:34 PM: Message edited by: adiboy ]

·
Registered
685 Posts
I was there last weekend below Oxbow just checkin'in and saw a nice sized Tuilly (sp?) Chinook caught as well.

·
Registered
554 Posts
After reading the posts, I decided to make my annual trek to Cedar Creek. I got there in the afternoon and watched a group of about 15 guys snagging fish after fish in the dorsal fin or the belly and haul them in. Most were released however I saw one of these guys make a legit catch on a wild coho and also saw him bonk it and keep it. Then I pointed out the adipose fin on this fish and he started cussing at me to shut up and get out of here.....Absolutely DISGUSTING. No ethics at all. There should be a warden down there full time. That would be a good use of our licensing fees. Anyways, I met a couple fellow ifishers who were real nice and informative...ChuckDog and Fisher Omen. Nice guys. Thanks for the report on a couple holes. Had a couple bumps but no fish. There are a few silvers in the river there but they sure as heck weren't interested in my spinners or my eggs. Better luck next time.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts