Registered
234 Posts
Welcome aboard and good fishin. :dance: :dance:

Good fishin Arch

·
Registered
294 Posts
Alright, so here's a funny one.

Last summer my nephew came to visit for a month. He was 7 yrs old at the time. My brother had taken him fishing a few times, if you want to call it that. According to my nephew they basically put bread on a hook and found a mud puddle to throw it in. :rolleyes: That's about the extent of my brother's fishing savy. So we went up to Hagg lake to see what sort of trouble we could get into.
Since my nephew hadn't ever caught a fish, I thought we'd start out with some rainbows or perch. Well, he ended up catching a decent size perch. He was sooooo proud of himself. :grin:
On the way back to the truck he pulled me off to the side and said "Aunt Julie, how come when I go fishing with Dad we never catch anything, but as soon as I go with you, I catch fish???" I laughed and told him he'd have to ask his Dad about that.
So this summer when he came up, we went to Tanner creek and he caught his first Steelie. 9#. He was more than a little proud of himself. He was strutting around like nobody's business saying "Yeah, I caught dinner tonight....and by the way Dad, you need to start keeping that rod tip up, when you get one on, if you ever want to get it up on shore!!"
I just about died laughing.
You never know what's going to come out of a kids mouth. I LOVE IT!!!

·
Registered
294 Posts
Hello everyone!!
just thougt since I'm the new kid on the block I'd intro myself.
Started fishin @4yrs old w/grandpa and haven't been able to kick the habit yet (not really trying to either).
I've been lurking for awhile around here and have learned a lot, so I thought getting in the boat with everyone would be the right thing to do.

By the way, went to Bonneville yesterday, the fish must know where all the dead lines are. :whazzup: they are stacking up just above. Had a good day romping around though.

·
Administrator
41,360 Posts
Welcome aboard ... I love stories about different generations fishing together. I only had a few opportunities to fish with my dad, but they are the highlights of my memories of him.

·
Administrator
119,610 Posts
Welcome! :smile:

·
Registered
653 Posts
Funny story! It is true, kids usually say the funniest and most honest things. I haven't been on ifish long so I can tell you everyone is very welcoming. Hopefully this board will help you keep the upper hand on your brother so you can still be the better fisherperson in your nephew's eyes! See ya around!
RR

·
Registered
653 Posts
Hey thefishnfool,
And if she is single? I guess you don't mind long distance...Internet relationships?
:smile:
Just kiddn' with ya!

·
Registered
294 Posts
fishnfool, sorry, i'm justasillyolmarriedgirl.
incase any are wondering, the name is part of my M.O. I act like 'a dumb old girl' and men seem to spill all the beans about fishing...heehee :smile: :smile:
learned that trick from my grandmother. :wink:

1 - 20 of 22 Posts