IFish Fishing Forum banner
  • Are you passionate about fishing? Would you like to write about topics that interest you and get paid for it? Read all about it here!
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
276 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I went thru several posts here from the search and couldn't find any feed back in my particular question. All the responses where mainly making sure tank is vented higher than fill with a loop. I have read the CG guide as well, doesn't answer my questions.

Finishing up my 16g belly tank build for my RH sled. I am going to run the vent line down the center keel out to Stern then up and out on port side with fuel feed.

Question is, any issues with running a steel vent line, with rubber hose for connections at tank and by transom.
I was going to install a carbon canister just before it went to atmosphere too.

I want to run a 1/4" steel line down the floor because I can tape the feed line to it as well and feed both once under floor.

·
Registered
276 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The vent line in my car from tank to canister is 1/4" line for 15gal tank with a coated steel line going to front where canister sits. Would that not be sufficient?
I'll look at other options other than brake line steel too.

·
Registered
39,990 Posts
I just haven't seen them that small on boats. Doesn't mean they don't exist. Fill necks and tank positioning are a bit different on vehicles which aids in filling. Get more than my opinion.

·
Registered
276 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I ended up Not running vent under the tank, vent installed up front in the tank. Went with 3/8 line, that is routed up to under bow for now.

Ran motor this morning no issues with 3/8 vent line.
Once I get thru first tank I will up it to 1/2" though. I filled with 11 gallons and it's 3/4 full, that will take me a month to burn probably.

Wanted to make sure things work before I work on getting the p trap external vent installed. Hate to cut hole on outside but the vent in the bow was not something I want to deal with long term and wife won't put up with it.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts