IFish Fishing Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
956 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Fished the jaws today, hot silver bite all around.

But...what appeared to be a 16 to 17 ft older sled decided to go out over the bar. The bar was breaking all the way across. They rolled their boat pretty quick. Two sleds went to the rescue, pulled three guys from the water and the boat floated into the jaws where another sled towed it to Jetty Fishery.

Buddies of mine picked up a new boat seat and other flotsam and returned it to the owner. His comment was that he went over that bar two days ago with no problem and was suprised there was a problem today.

What a difference a day makes. :whazzup:

Be carefull out there, the Nehalem is not very forgiving.

·
Registered
2,946 Posts
I'm glad to hear that all came out of it OK. I saw the sheriff's boat head that way, and then the rescue swimmers on their personal watercraft. We asked the sheriff's boat if everyone was OK, but they just looked very stoic and refused to talk to anyone.

·
Registered
873 Posts
Some people just never understand,"you gotta respect the ocean."

Oh well, at least no one lost their life.

Until next time (which won't be long) I will sign off.

:hoboy:

·
Registered
1,079 Posts
Hey Mark, capn ricky told me about the slaughter on sunday. i was supposed to be there but a friend needed help putting in a sewer line (pew!).
i'll be there friday, hope the water calms down some. mabey see ya out there.

·
Registered
32 Posts
So we drove all the way down to the Rogue last weekend and Nehalem was hot. Not so the Rogue. Fished 2 days and the only bite was for about an hour late Saturday. :whazzup: We did see two boats get into trouble when they got too close to the breakers but it came out ok. One guy got some people to help him pick up his boat and pack it to the other side of the sandbar.
Did well on bottom fish though, full limits. Even nailed a few on the fly rod.
Back to Nehalem. Leave a few ok, Mark? :cheers:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts