IFish Fishing Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
784 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just spent two wonderful days (Thursday/Friday 6/12-13) with my sons and their friend on what has become our "traditional" annual gator bashing trip to the Astoria area. Great times, plenty of fish caught, and limits each day. To make things all the better, "ol Dad" managed to show up these young studs for the second year in a row by catching the largest keeper (50 inches). :dance:

The picture below is on our 2nd day - Left to right: family friend Chris, sons Adam and Travis, and myself.

Most of the keepers were caught across from Hammond, in the afternoon from about 2 to 3:30, using chovies. Each day we caught roughly 24+ fish with 4 keepers caught the first day and 6 the second.

Thanks to trusty guide Bud Wallender for another great experience.

·
Registered
1,566 Posts
[ 06-14-2003, 09:26 PM: Message edited by: Quick Fisher ]

·
Registered
784 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Gary, you're right about that, but in a way this also made up for all the razzing I take from these guys on the trip. :wink: Actions speak louder than words.

You need to get your Dad in on some of these gators. The shakers can be as fiesty and great fighters as the larger fish. And great eating!

·
Registered
2,379 Posts
SWEET!! :cheers:

Kate says you rock!

I'm thinking we'll be doing the gator thing when we go over for the family vacation. Good work Dean.

·
Registered
784 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks Kate [and Joe]..... hoping your vacation is equally successful and fun when you go.

Sounds like you guys did well on the C.J. gators. :dance:

·
Registered
2,379 Posts
A bit bigger, but not as plentiful. If we do a camp out next weekend, I'll shoot you a map. I think we might be able to get you a 7+ footer.

·
Registered
199 Posts
Nice job Dean ol sturgeon master. Nice to show the young guns that the ole man still has it. Nice looking family to by the way. We hunted walleye this weekend and caught around 20 but it was not fast and furious as expected. Enough for the shore lunch however. MMMMMMMMMMMMM!

·
Registered
784 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Joe, no plans yet, for the weekend - other than to get ready for a trip to Arkansas next week. Might try to get out for a while.

Jim, now ya did it - I've got to tear through the freezer to see if I have any walleye fillets left from last fall. O-o-o-o-o Mama, that's good eating. :cheers: May have to settle for fresh, or freshly, smoked sturgeon fillets instead; darnit. :grin: :wink:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts