IFish.net banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6,161 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Had the pleasure of fishing this semi private lake on an island in the puget sound out of steilacoom. The bass fishing is phenominal if you know someone from the riveria golf club you can get your boat on you wont be dissapointed saw hardly a fisherman over the holiday and banked large bass from the dock all morning and evening. had acess to boats but didnt even need one. the bass are on the hefty size large mouth.

·
Registered
6,161 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
How big were they? I have heard of this place too. Thanks for the report.
The kids were catching them 14 to 16 " and smaller. They also hooked several very large fish none of which were landed but they really slamed into the kids rigs and I got a hold of a big one too but lost it by the splash and tug it had to be trophy size. We were tossing green senkos threaded on 3/8 jig heads(standard willy rig) all this catching was from the bank. If a fella could manage to fish the lakes on mcneil islands roomer has it that its stuffed full of huge bass too but good luck getting on a prision island.

·
Registered
454 Posts
which one is florence my mother inlaw just bought a house up there,so this last weekend was the first time i had been there, we fish the smaller lake and only caught dinky large mouth like 2 inchers.Then someone told us about a kids only pond and the kids did well there with bigger fish.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts