IFish Fishing Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
5,124 Posts
So, if I take the speed handle out of my socket set, then put a long socket extension on the bandsaw to make the slit for the skin to slide into, I can sell them for $40 each? Sweet! Actually, I like the idea. If I get bored this winter, here's a novel project, and I could test it on a sturgeon this winter while you're all waiting for tuna to show.

· Registered
Saltwater
3,666 Posts
instead of grabbbing that skin with that thing, why not just use your hands and pull?! :shrug: It probably is actually quicker. I think Capt Ron Deel is just an entrepenuer :wink:

Can't blame him for that. But with a cutting glove, or even without it, grabbing that first peel of skin and pulling back really isn't that hard :shrug: and definitely not worth $40. :laugh:

that's my :twocents:

· Registered
1,337 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Well, now that the discussion has started, here are my thoughts. :tongue: I think the thing is WAY too expensive for what it is. Remember, they don't have longfins where this is made, so the target audience are BFT and YFT fishermen!

Brian... I agree that hands work pretty well, but I managed to rip the skin a few times this summer, and this contraption does appear to ensure an even pull from the skin.

As for making one, I won't comment out of respect for the copyright. :alert: (It does look easy, though.)

NR, I'd have to see the material to gauge the break potential, but I sure as hell could lose the thing (if I spent $39 on it...)

Anyhow, if anyone tries this, or something that looks and functions a lot like it, let us know how it works.
:cheers:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.