IFish Fishing Forum banner
  • Are you passionate about fishing? Would you like to write about topics that interest you and get paid for it? Read all about it here!
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
531 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
There are several new anchor release / recovery platforms available these days. Lets hear the pros and cons of each.
Sturgeon Frank seems happy with his. Who made it ? What others are in the market place ? SteelheadSteve

EDIT: We don't allow links to non ifish sponsors. Sorry-- feel free to post anything about your product, except for contact information. If they want to look it up on the net, that's great!
Jen

[ 06-30-2003, 04:43 PM: Message edited by: [email protected] ]

·
Banned
19,959 Posts
For this neck of the woods, I'd say EZ Marine all the way.More bang for your buck.Also if this is new stuff to you ,I highly recommend the video,lots of good info. that can really save your bacon latter.

·
Registered
566 Posts
EZMarine stuff performed PERFECTLY for us on the Columbia River this year. Once we got a heavy enough anchor, that is. I'd certainly recommend them.

Their video is not a $100 million production, but has darn good info on it, and it's almost a "must" for people new to anchoring on the Columbia.

Call the guy, too, for info...he knew what the river bottom was like in the exact area that I was going to fish, when I called him....now THAT'S an experienced guy.

·
Registered
2,653 Posts
EZ Marine...... and Big Water Company anchor nest. Makes for a great combo... and plenty easy to use in big water, like the CR when she's snotty.... IMHO..... Tim

·
Registered
531 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
No such product here Jen.............
Looking for reports on the different kind of Anchor Nests in particular
It seems to me that a nest made of aluminum would get eaten by a steel anchor no matter how well it is secured. There will be some movement, Your thoughts gang.................
Thanks in Advance

·
Registered
2,425 Posts
ssteelheadsteve,

I'll 2nd Timinthegorge on the EZMarine anchor and the BigWater anchor nest.

MY 42 lb EZMarine holds my 5500lb boat at Bonneville very nicely...it's been ripping pretty good up there so good test I think. I'm guessing spring up there is more challenging.

The BigWater has a nice big roller and I can bring the ball, EZMarine release, chain and anchor right up over the bow via the roller. No more busting the side of my boat.

I had MotionMarine put a hole through the anchor shank and the BigWater so I have a 1/4 stainless pin that keeps the anchor from going anywhere.

A bunch of threads on anchor and the anchor nests. The Search should turn up the old conversations and some pix.

Brion

1 - 6 of 6 Posts