IFish.net banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
352 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Was wondering about anchor mounts on the bow, ya know the ones (like big river or others for example). Pros and cons about how many have them, and are they the way to go. It seems to me if you are useing a rocking chair anchor most of the time, this little device would be kind of handy. Thanks in advance..........Bobber Down

·
Registered
2,653 Posts
There's Lots of info on this site. Do a search. Mine is the Big River, and I like it alot. You failed to give any info about your boat..... so that's probably why you didn't get any response.....

IMHO..... Tim :wink:

·
Registered
352 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Tim, thanks for the reply. What type of anchor are you useing mostly? Do you use it with the bouy ball retrive system and pull the whole thing in at once thru the chock. One more question, does your anchor when you bring it out of the water as its coming up to the chock, does it bang against the boat? Oh by the way for what it's worth I have a 21 ft. inboard sled........Bobber Down

·
Registered
1,105 Posts
Hey Bobber, i use a Motion Marine anchor nest. I just love it, its really great when anchoring by ones self. Gone is the hassle of taking it in and out of the bow storage. The roller is wide enough to pull the chain through. I use a milk crate to store the rope, and throw the buoy ball on top.

·
Registered
16,802 Posts
Hey BD,

I bought a used Motion Marine anchor nest, here on Ifish a bit ago for my Hewes 179 Searunner.

I like it for two reasons mainly:

1. It cleans up the forward bow compartment and gives me a little more room up there for dogs or whatever - basically your using un-utilized space.

2. It holds the anchor securely so it's not sliding, banging around in rough waves, or on bumpy roads the way it used to.

In answer to your question, no the anchor does not bang against the boat on retrival. However, you do have to mount the unit correctly - that is, so it protrudes far enough over the bow.

[ 06-05-2003, 10:48 AM: Message edited by: garyk ]

·
Registered
2,942 Posts
Motion Marine anchor bracket is what I have and use. It is great!!!! It keeps the anchor out of the way and always ready to use. It is a mandatory accessory.

My rocker anchor stem diameter was a little large to fit into my bracket but aluminum is easy to file and I was able to enlarge the opening to accomodate the heavier anchor.

·
Registered
2,653 Posts
Yup, I use it with the bouy, and no, it doesn't bang on the boat. Line, chain, and bouy all pulls easily up through the nest. It sure takes the work out of anchoring..... Good luck with it. Tim :grin:

·
Registered
352 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks guys, all I have to do now is decide which one to buy, motion marines or big rivers.....Bobber Down

·
Registered
5,334 Posts
Which ever one you buy please go buy a small tool holder like the one by holdz-it mount it to your anchor nest then put a small but sturdy sharp knife in it, just in case there is ever any trouble anchoring, you can cut the rope before something worse happens. Tight lines to ya.

HOGGEM'IN

·
Registered
782 Posts
I use the motion Marine unit. I realy like the fact that you can pull bouy, chain and anchore without leaning over the bow. Just pull all the gear over the roller. One of the best add ons for the $$$

suckerfish

·
Registered
2,653 Posts
Excellent point Hoggemin! :cheers:

I do the same thing, and I keep a pair of wire cutters hanging by the downrigger for the same reason... better safe than stupid! Tim :grin:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts