IFish Fishing Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
14,746 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
about the most fun
we had all day at OC on saturday was watching a guy in a cuddy cabin trying to anchor across from clackamette with a danforth. :shrug: he made three or four tries at it with a couple hundred feet of scope and just could not get it to stick.
probably a good thing because half the time he was standing on the bow with the rope in his hand and the boat was hauling downstream pretty fast.
if it had stuck, he would've gotten popped right off the bow, into the drink.
and, no, he wasn't wearing a PFD.

word to the wise out there: bring the right tool for the job. it's still early and hasn't gotten really crowded up in OC yet. when it does though, the folks aren't going to be really forgiving with these kind of antics.

·
Registered
1,338 Posts
Ya and if your in a sail boat like today,the guy just happened to get to close to my anchor rope
and rip it halfway up river.So keep your eye out for other peoples rope..Just a word of advice.. :grin:

·
Registered
437 Posts
Hey made me laugh, I've seen it before. The one I like is the guy thats stops at the top of the boat launch after taking out and unloads his boat and puts all his in the truck while every one else is waiting to take out.
:shrug:

·
Registered
2,425 Posts
Ampersat,

We saw a fun one today.

A boat in the upriver hogline pulls his anchor and proceeds to drift down on our line while he's pulling it in.

He suddenly realized what is happening but by then his outboard jet is in the other guy's anchor rope, he gets blown sideways and takes two boats out, dragging the one guy and his anchor with the rope around the jetdrive. The other guy was fast and got his anchor off.

All in a days fishing <grin>.

Brion

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.