IFish Fishing Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just received the damage estimate from the factory on the damage done when the anchor left the boat.$2300 will make it like new.

Lesson learned...never ever store rope in the front of your open bow boat especially if it is tied to a anchor float.

·
Banned
8,921 Posts
Ouch! That hurts.

How long is the boat gonna be at the fix-it shop?

Hope it's not too long - there's fish out there needing your attention.

Skein

·
Registered
1,120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi Skein, wish i knew. They have not received the go ahead from the insurance company yet so i imagine it will be two weeks or longer. I understand that the factory will not even start on it until they have a pause in the boats they are now building. Might not see it for months, and surely will not have it back for this years fall run iam afraid. I hope other fisherman are paying attention to this as i had stored my anchor and rope/float in this manner for years never once thinking that there was anyway it could come out. Very expensive lesson.
One good thing is that i have a buddy i fish with and we are headed to the Nehalem jaws monday morning so maybe that will cheer me up.

·
Banned
37,111 Posts
I guess I missed the details. Exactly what happened and what damage did it do to the boat?

I had my anchor system riding in the deep bow of the 23' windshield sled I used to have. Hit a bump on the highway one time that bounced the ball out but I had it bungied off so it didn't quite reach the ground.

·
Registered
13,823 Posts
Crabbait,

unless I have my stories crossed,

the anchor removed his windshield after the ball and rope departed company from the boat while on the highway.

Mark and the dog.

·
Registered
3,336 Posts
I always feed some rope through the anchor puller and tie it off to the rail to keep the ball from flying out. I always thought I was being paranoid. I guess I know why I do it now.

Sorry to hear about your mishap.

·
Registered
1,105 Posts
Ouch, have you thought about an anchor nest? I got one and its the best acc. ive bought for my boat.

·
Registered
7,221 Posts
Ken, OUCH that hurts!!!!! :depressed:

As crabby would say, " It's just boat bucks ". I know, I've spent a few of those lately.

·
Registered
1,120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Yeah its pretty spendy but at least it damaged only my own property and did not hurt anyone. You could not convince me to ever carry rope in the front again not for a zillion bucks. My rope was tied off to the roller and to the bow rail. The float was also shoved down into a bucket hard enough that it took two hands to get it out and it still came out. You all know how much that would weigh (300ft rope and a anchor float) and it still left the boat somehow. Live and learn i guess but like i say, never ever will i trust leaving any rope in and open bow again. Anyway thanks for all the good words.

·
Registered
803 Posts
WOW Cagey, What a bummer. Thanks for sharing so that we can all learn from your misfortune. Good Luck on the repairs. I would give you a ride in my boat but the engine goes back in this week and it will be October before I can check it out.

·
Registered
782 Posts
My ball left my bow once. I was doing 55 when I was notified I was dragging. The ball was beatr up but survived. I now tie my ball off to the rail before I trailer the boat.

suckerfish

1 - 12 of 12 Posts