IFish.net banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5,805 Posts
Thanks for posting this link. made me check out some of the other Zappa clips on youtube,

check out the interview with Larry King

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JRhuQUA9L4k

as well. the man IS brilliant.

wish we had more thinkers like him around today.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J02NJ6ga4MM&mode=related&search=

I actually saw this commercial back in the day. Shortly after it aired Frank died of cancer.

Before it was a hot topic .. here is one of the smartest guys I know telling you to use less energy.

Enjoy.

·
Registered
19,628 Posts
Dang, makes me want to do the Mud Shark, it's a dance that's sweeping the ocean.:yay:

·
Registered
14,180 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I can't link it here but back in the day he did an episode on 'Crossfire', late 80's about explicit record lyric warning legislation. I can't link it because Frank exercised his rights of free speech and told the person he was debating to <unprintable> himself.

There is also some congressional testimony about the same issue where he makes Tipper Gore look like a total fool.

Anyway 20 odd minutes of crossfire .. the man was a genius.

Frank Zappa for president Even dead he would do a better job ....

·
Registered
5,805 Posts
I just watched that one, never thought I'd see Zappa and the all american traitor Robert Novak together and Novak was mostly agreeing with Frank.

He's got my vote

I can't link it here but back in the day he did an episode on 'Crossfire', late 80's about explicit record lyric warning legislation. I can't link it because Frank exercised his rights of free speech and told the person he was debating to <unprintable> himself.

There is also some congressional testimony about the same issue where he makes Tipper Gore look like a total fool.

Anyway 20 odd minutes of crossfire .. the man was a genius.

Frank Zappa for president Even dead he would do a better job ....

1 - 6 of 6 Posts