IFish Fishing Forum banner
  • Are you passionate about fishing? Would you like to write about topics that interest you and get paid for it? Read all about it here!
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,681 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Reading Scott's page on how to cure eggs and was wondering - how do you store the eggs in the jars? In the freezer or in the pantry at room temperature? I don't have a food saver so small jars it will be. Just don't want to ruin them.

Thanks for any input. :smile:

StinkyH

P.S. - also note the Amerman's came in a parmesan container vs a bag. Makes for easy application without dumping out any parmesan containers. :tongue:

[ 09-18-2003, 10:02 PM: Message edited by: StinkyH ]

·
Banned
8,867 Posts
Jars and then to the freezer. My personal preference is to tear a 3"x3" piece of wax paper, and place into top of jar after filling with cured eggs and light it afire. While burning place lid on top ans quickly seal. This will eliminate any oxygen and further protect the eggs while freezing with a vacuum. I have done this 3 years running and it does not effect the eggs or their scent in anyway. :cheers:

·
Registered
1,681 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Very cool! ProCastinator mentioned this method of using wax paper when we were cleaning the hens these came out of, but couldn't recall exactly how much to burn, etc.

Thanks for the info! Time to cure some eggs. :smile:

StinkyH

1 - 3 of 3 Posts