IFish Fishing Forum banner
  • Are you passionate about fishing? Would you like to write about topics that interest you and get paid for it? Read all about it here!
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Banned
8,867 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have run out of my home cured eggs last wed. :depressed: And am planning on getting a jar of Amermans from G.I.Joes. I fish a wet egg so these will be perfect! :wink:
Are there any added tips ifishers are doing to them once opened, that seems to produce even better results. (if that's possible) :shrug:
I add Sardine scent to my baits prior to cast, and would like to hear of other ifish tech tips.

Scott A,
feel free to add a tip or two if there are any. :wink: :bowdown: :bowdown:

[ 05-11-2003, 09:34 AM: Message edited by: Fshklr ]

·
Registered
400 Posts
I add a little bit of smelly jelly's Special mix to them, thats the Shrimp/Anise mix. about 1/4 of the bottle per jar of eggs. If I am targetting Nooks whether fall or spring, I like to add a little chunk (1/2 inch) of sardine or anchovy to the bottom of the hook. Use big hook like 2/0 or 3/0

·
Registered
2,590 Posts
Fshklr

I often fish the eggs just as they come out of the jar. There is nothing that I add to them all the time or I would have already put it in there. Sometimes adding fish based scents like Sardine, Herring.... etc. Can work really well to make those stubborn fish bite. I have also heard great things about adding Maries shrimps scent to the eggs ( I need to try this one). I also believe that there are times and places where adding other scents like the Smelly jelly stuff can help. The best thing you can do is try lots of things until you find stuff that works that day. If the fish are not taking one switch to something else. Often fish will like different things on different days.

Scott

·
Banned
8,867 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
S.Amerman,
Thanks for the heads up. Wasn't looking for any real tricks here, just some ifish member (try this).

1 - 4 of 4 Posts