IFish Fishing Forum banner
  • Are you passionate about fishing? Would you like to write about topics that interest you and get paid for it? Read all about it here!
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've put in a ton of hours this year with just a few fish to show for the effort. We changed all of that yesterday. My own eggs had freezer burn so I ordered a quart from Amerman after reading the Guide's choice post. Anchored up at OC, fished with Brad's wobblers on the bottom and a second rig on top with eggs and spin n glo. I've never had much luck on an upper rig but my thought was to have some egg scent flush downriver as an attractor. Fish #1 hit about 7:45 on the wobbler. Fish #2 hit the eggs. I was done. My 77 year old mother was with me. She proceeded to land fish #3, Fish #4 got tangled in the sea anchor (my huge mistake). In all, we wound up with 3 fish, 11 takes (all but one on the eggs. The boat next to me had a scale. Fish 1 weighed 29# after being bled and in a burlap bag all day. Fish #2 weighed 12, fish #3 weighed 28#. In 38 years of springer fishing, I've never had a day, with 2 people in the boat with more solid takes. Thank you Scott - I believe now

·
Registered
2,590 Posts
Salmonlips

Thanks for the great feedback and way to go :dance: :dance: . Sounds like you and your mom had a great day. Stories like these are what makes selling eggs so much fun. We should have eggs in all the Gi Joes stores soon. We are adding more everyday. If you snapped a pic send it on I would love to see it and I will post it in our forum.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Scott - our digital camera kind of stinks but I'll try to get a picture to you. Thanks again. By the way, two of the hens had some BB size eggs. I'm practicing on them with the cure so I'll have it down by the summer and fall.

·
Registered
4,286 Posts
Scott, what's gonna happen when your current recipe takes all the "generation one" fish out of the gene pool and in 6 years they turn their nose up at the stuff? :shocked: Do you have a "G-2" cure in the works?? :smile:

·
Registered
2,590 Posts
Joe we sell G-57 now and are working on G-58 to release soon :rolleyes: Anyway Marv emailed me the pic here it is sorry it is so small it was a small JPG.

·
Registered
209 Posts
I fished a slot on a local river last week, and threw several different homeade spinners, at least seven different corkies w/ yarn and no bait without success. My buddy was fishing guides choice eggs in same slot. We worked this water over big time!!! I had ordered my first batch of Amerman eggs and decided to give them a try. No kidding....in same water on first cast I hooked a nice bright eight pound summer. In the hour that followed I managed to hook three more summers in that same water with Amermans!!! Im hooked on those eggs now!!! My buddy throwing guides choice never was touched. Im guilty....I was a little stingey with those eggs. Only brought enough to hook four fish!!!! My buddy is placing his order now!!!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts