IFish Fishing Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
2,590 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
an update about GI Joe's. We now have Amerman eggs in the Tualatin, Gresham, Oak Grove, Vancouver, Hayden Meadows, Eugene, Salem, Albany and Medford stores. We hope to be in all 21 stores soon. If we are not in the one by you, ask them, and they will start carrying them. We will also be getting fresh eggs soon and are starting a waiting list for people that want to get eggs once the eggs show up.

Thanks Scott Amerman

·
Registered
532 Posts
Are you going to be in the stores in Washington also? I hope,I hope, I hope. :cheers:

·
Registered
3,924 Posts
Scott...FYI...

I was just at the GI Joe's in Vancouver today and there is a sign on thier bait fridge that reads something like, "Amerman Eggs are available at the Delta Park store." :shrug:

Not sure if they are sold out, not stocked yet or what.

I can't wait....! :dance: :grin:

·
Registered
501 Posts
Tried your eggs for the first time today and scored a nice 20# chrome bright chinook hen on the second cast.

love2fish

·
Registered
3,251 Posts
heres hoping that the hillsboro and/or beaverton stores follow suit....real soon :cheers:

·
Registered
532 Posts
yea no kidding, ditto that for sherwood-

·
Registered
150 Posts
Scott, I've cured up my salmon eggs with you cure this year and have had great success. The key to better success is the secret sauce I add during cure process though. I love the color of you cure though. I have had many compliment on the bait I have been using, and just wanted to give you your props.

·
Registered
237 Posts
What's the proper way to use/store a large jar of eggs? Can I just leave them in the fridge or should I freeze them in between uses? Thanks.

·
Registered
150 Posts
Big Tuna, I Vacuum pack all my jars of eggs and freeze them. But if you are going to use them within the next 2 to 4 weeks it does not hurt to keep them in the fridge.

·
Registered
529 Posts
Scott,
I asked about your eggs at Hillsboro GI Joes bout a month back. Nobody knew anything about it. can you tell us when we might be able to get them there? Tom

·
Registered
2,590 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thanks all for the feed back. If the store near you is not carrying them, ask them too. They can order my product through their computer warehouse just like anything else at their store. The main problem is that Guide's Choice eggs will not let us put our eggs in the same fridge as theirs so we are having to get fridges for each store. (I don't know why Guide's Choice is afraid to have our bait next to theirs :hoboy: ) I have been told that they will be in all stores ASAP. But it would not hurt to ask. I want to thank all of you Ifishers because I know it's because of you that GI Joe's has tried so hard to get our eggs in their stores. Also I am getting emails and phone calls daily from everyone with great success stories.

BW yes, we should be in the Washington stores soon.

Lured In I was told by GI Joe's that they were carrying them at the Vancouver store. Sorry if I have misinformation. I will check.

Muley Buck Glad to hear you have a secret addy. Make sure you keep it a secret but email me with what it is :grin: You know, just for the record.

Big Tuna The best way to use a large jar of eggs is to just take them out of the jar, cut to the bait size you want to use, then hold on. TO store them just put them in the fridge and take out as needed unless you are not going to use them over the next month in which case store in the freezer.

Thanks again all, Scott

·
Premium Member
14,399 Posts
i got mine today at delta park. the checkout lady told me she had sold several jars so far. i told her to watch out, they were going to start flying off the shelves. when you've got a good product, you don't need the big fancy glas front cooler. there was a sign that said there should have been some amerman cure as well but i didn't see any.

if they're as good as everyone has been saying, they should help a poor schlub like me get into fish. let's hope.

so about repackaging: what if i don't plan on going through the entire jar in the next month? i usually hike into the places i fish and taking a cooler with me isn't an option. i paid good money for good product. i don't want to watch the whole jar spoil while i'm using the top quarter of the jar. i thought about breaking up the jar and putting it into ziploc baggies, but the baggies have that "plasticy" smell to them that might transfer to the eggs. what about those nifty ziploc containers? i don't have one of those great vacuum sealers... yet.

[ 05-28-2003, 07:08 PM: Message edited by: ampersat ]

·
Registered
584 Posts
Why would Guide's Choice not want your eggs on the shelf next to theirs? Hmmmm.... Maybe because your eggs catch fish? I was in Delta Park last night, they need more cure.

·
Registered
237 Posts
I sympathize with Ampersat. Due to a tyrannical boss, I actually have to work from 8:00 to 6:00 M-F. This essentially relegates me to a "weekend warrior" fisherman. Those Ammermanm's jars are big! No way can I use all of the eggs by myself in one month under such an abusive work schedule. What do you suggest as a means of preserving the bulk of the eggs while I use bits at a time on the weekends?

·
Registered
237 Posts
I sympathize with Ampersat. Due to a tyrannical boss, I actually have to work from 8:00 to 6:00 M-F. This essentially relegates me to a "weekend warrior" fisherman. Those Ammermanm's jars are big! No way can I use all of the eggs by myself in one month under such an abusive work schedule. What do you suggest as a means of preserving the bulk of the eggs while I use bits at a time on the weekends?

·
Registered
1,404 Posts
Any chance of getting them in the Puget Sound stores??
I'd ask them in the store but everytime I have to chase someone down to ask a question I get some pretty dumb looks.

Needless to say I've stopped shopping at Joes.

·
Registered
2,590 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
If you are unable to use all the eggs in one days fishing. I would not take the jar each day. I would break the jar down into small containers (what you think you would use in a day, go on the small side you can always take two but its hard to thaw a half). I would then leave the one you will use in the next couple of weeks in the fridge and freeze the other ones taking them out the night before you go. The Ziploc containers are great because they are cheap and come in many different sizes to meet all people needs. And if you break it,lose it or just need to throw it away ( you know because you left it out in the sun for two weeks with old egg juice) then your wife won't kill you for ruining her good tufferware.

·
Registered
319 Posts
Originally posted by ampersat:
i thought about breaking up the jar and putting it into ziploc baggies, but the baggies have that "plasticy" smell to them that might transfer to the eggs. what about those nifty ziploc containers? i don't have one of those great vacuum sealers... yet.
<font size="2" face="verdana,arial,helvetica">I never thought about the smell from zip lock baggies transferring to the eggs. I've always used ziplocks for storage and have had success, but now I'm wondering if I would be catching more fish if I did otherwise. The nice thing about those ziplocks is that you can do the "poor man vacuum seal" by inserting a straw into the bag and sucking the air out of it. This way they don't get that freezer burn and they stay fresher longer. It seems like if you used a ziplock container the eggs would still get freezer burned.

·
Registered
319 Posts
Oh and hey Scott, do you guys plan on selling the steelhead eggs at GI Joes in the future? I just placed my first order today for them and don't mind too much paying the extra $4 dollars to have them mailed to me, but it sure would be nice to be able to run down to the store and buy them.

I have never used your eggs before, but after hearing all the hype from everybody I'm sure I will be hooked from now on.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts