IFish Fishing Forum banner
  • Are you passionate about fishing? Would you like to write about topics that interest you and get paid for it? Read all about it here!
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
381 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Where can I get Amerman Egg cure in the Hillsboro area? I would like to pick some up today if possible. I thought that they were starting to sell it in some select locations, are any of these locations in the hillsboro, portland area?

-6h

[ 08-13-2003, 08:04 AM: Message edited by: 6horsekicker ]

·
Registered
584 Posts
GI Joes and Sportsman's Warehouse both carry it. Pick up a jar of their cured eggs too, if only to give you an idea of what you're shooting for. The steelhead and salmon cure are decidedly different (per Grant), so get the right one. I'm going to give them a shot this year.

·
Registered
381 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the quick reply, I will try Gi Joes, I just haven't seen it there before.

Also I have some left over from last year about 3 bags that are un-open that have been kept in the freezer. The problem is its hard as a rock. Have any of you guys had success with grinding it up and using it again? I was thinking of putting it in a blender or coffee grinder, what do you think?

-6h

·
Registered
1,008 Posts
It should be in the same freezer as the eggs. The hard cure will work fine if you grind it up, quarter inch size chunks will work just fine. If you kept it in a frost free freezer I am surprized that it got hard.

·
Registered
381 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Tried calling the Gi Joes in Hillsboro and beaverton, neither has the egg cure. Any others places?

·
Registered
2,818 Posts
Was in GI Joes in Sherwood last night and they have Amerman eggs cured for $25 :shocked: Man, they better work and outfish everything for that price. Reading the reports on ifish I guess they work great. I'll give them a try this fall on the Siletz bobber fishing.

·
Registered
13,976 Posts
Joes at Delta park has a freezer just for Amerman eggs. I suspect they have cure as well.

Mark and the dog.

·
Registered
1,154 Posts
Delta Park store has the cure...as does the Beaverton store. Its in the small frdge with the cured Amerman eggs.

A tip for rock hard cure:

Use a kitchen grater and just grate it into a bowl. No mixer required!

HC

[ 08-14-2003, 02:04 PM: Message edited by: half canuck ]

·
Registered
3,604 Posts
Sportsman's Warehouse in Salem is OUT. Was there last night to pick some up. Now they have a new cure and eggs in there. I can't remember the name, but it's $19.99/quart for cured eggs and $7 for just the cure, next to the $27.99/quart Amerman eggs. They look better than Amermans's I think. The Amerman eggs appear to have borax in them. This cure is more like a Procure, but the cured eggs look sweet.

I've got the eggs curing now in the stuff. So far so good. These are fresh eggs from a friend's fishing trip on Monday.

SKP

1 - 11 of 11 Posts