IFish Fishing Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
431 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:smile: :smile: Awhile back I chatted with Scott Ammerman about some of his egg cure which had turned into a tough glob in my garage due to my faulty storage of an opened package a few months prior. He suggested I make it into a syrup. Last week I got a chrome planted hen steelhead which I conked that had two beautiful skeins of eggs. I put the globbed egg cure in pan of hot water and brought it to a low boil and stirred until fully melted. I had used only about half pint of water in over a half bag of cure. After cooling the mixture in the refrigerator I poured it onto the eggs so that they weren't quite covered then kept them in the garage about two days stirring occasionaly at first. This afternoon I packaged them and to my surprise, they came out fantastic! I'd almost swear they reabsorbed more cure and water than I'd put them in to begin with! I am very pleased with Scotts product again and feel this is a good addition to the bag of tricks to remember.

·
Registered
2,345 Posts
Bill the same thing happend to me a while back. Though I knew how to care for my opened cure I had left it out on accident and found it about 2 weeks later like a hard rock in my garage :depressed:

I used the excact same technique on a batch of eggs and they turned out great it is nice to know that scott is always able to give you advice on his product that works and he was willing to replace the bag for me but I tried this method instead and it turned out great.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts