Alvin
Color, size, hook size, ect.
Thanks

·
Registered
28 Posts
Re: Alvins???

Hi River-Rat,
I do not have a picture of a hot Alvin but. A week ago I went to the columbia up river from the lewis about 2 miles. I was fishing in 37 feet of water with a Brads Wobbler. (I had just bought it at GI Joes) I caught 2 Chinook that day. The Wobbler is essentialy an Alvin. The size is a #00, The color at the line end is red for 1/2 inch down, then it is silver for the remaining 1/2 of the lure, then it is yellow for another 1/4, then green for the last 1/4 of the blade. I hope this helps. Loosepin.

·
Registered
5,685 Posts

Brads Wobbler, 1/2 nickel/copper, chartreuse head-nickel body, 1/2 nickel/blue bottom, nickel head/chart. bottom. Change the siwash and put a 2/0 treble, owner or gami, smear some garlic scent and hang on. Head will be leader end, bottom is hook end. 5' dropper and leader of about 6 inches longer and you're good to go. :cheers:

·
Registered
28 Posts

Sorry, I did not complete the set-up. We used 4 foot dropper with 5 foot leader. We filed the hook sharp which came with the Wobbler. We also used Herring gel every 45 minutes. We used the gel on the Wobbler on up the line to the spreader, line from the weight up to the spreader and including the spreader itself. We oil everything and have been very productive. Thats the set-up we used. Good luck.

·
Registered
16,793 Posts

Advice I got on Ifish during its first year of existance, got me into these fall Columbia fish, so I guess it's my turn to pass it on.

Here's a pic of some proven winners. HOWEVER, so as not to give away all the secrets so easily, one of the four is not a killer. In fact, should you bring it to Thursday's flotilla, the consequnces may be....well, memorable.

So with that disclaimer, you've been forewarned and select from the shown wobblers with great care, oh wobbler grasshopper:

[ 09-08-2003, 10:26 PM: Message edited by: garyk ]

·
Registered
2,345 Posts

LOL... Throw away the wobblers that Bannana is a Sure winner in the Boat.... WooHoo

It's just a myth... Right Grant :smile:

·
Banned
8,867 Posts

Two words...GREEN.
CHARTRUESE.
Be sure to TUNE your lure for a side to side wobble. Replace the hook with a 2/0 treble of your choice, this will help to slow the action of the lure down and will produce more strikes especially on the tide change.. :cheers:

[ 09-09-2003, 06:37 AM: Message edited by: Fshklr ]

·
Registered
1,848 Posts

On this same topic...

Do you troll Alvins/Wobblers? Or do you anchor with them? Or does either work? :whazzup: Also, does oil/gel scent really stick to the metal? Seems like it would wash off in a minute or two...?

I too am new to Alvins/Wobblers :shocked: , and they seem to be the consensus for fall fish. Any tips/techniques be appreciated. Thanks.

--Skahorse

·
Registered
539 Posts

Usually anchor fish with alvins but I do catch fish trolling same setup.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts