IFish.net banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I must show my ignorance here and profess that I don't know what an Alvin is. Can anyone help me with that?

·
Registered
1,524 Posts
welcome to Ifish...

An alvin is a type of lure that people have been catching a lot of fish with. Do a search on Alvin's and I'm sure you'll find tons of great information, including some pics.

Don't be afraid to ask questions. Lot's of people here to help. :grin:

·
Registered
97 Posts
The Alvin is the name brand for a type of flat wobblng spoon. You can find them at Fisherman's Marine Supply, GI Joe's, and most other tackle shops. There are different makers of similar style lures. Go to the search funtion of this board and type in Alvin. You can also find info at google.com and enter "Alvin lure" or something like that. They cost about $8 or so.

·
Registered
16,793 Posts

·
Registered
2,379 Posts
Fishrunner,
You might be able to find them at Howard's in Nampa. Ask for Brad's Wobblers. They work well for Upriver Brights on the Columbia, especially if you anchor and fish them off a spreader with a cannon ball weight on the dropper.

Welcome to the board, don't take too much crap 'cause you're from Idaho. I don't (yaeh right :hoboy: ).

·
Registered
2,379 Posts
K9Jeff,
That one made me laugh! :cheers:

Chummer,
We got yer couch potatoes ('cept we call them setee spuds), we got yer seeing eye spuds, we got yer baked spuds, and we got yer spud guns. There isn't any lack lack of spuds around here...

Idaho, the "B"-Run state. I like that one better. :grin:

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks for the replies...........I've seen the Brad's Wobbler so I guess I now know what an Alvin is.

Mojo, I think I may have run into you on the Clearwater before. Is that possible?
I run a 19ft. Hewes with a sportjet (red).

·
Registered
2,619 Posts
I thought people stop calling people "dude" in 1999. Just goes to show ol' men still can learn something. As far as alvins go, most likely you won't find them at Joes or so the saleman there says.

·
Registered
2,379 Posts
Fishrunner, I believe we did run into each other, was it at Hog Island?

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
If you are from Mt. Home and your wife is a teacher, then yes, we met. You were telling me about the URB's in the Hanford Reach last year. I went last year and am going to give it a go first weekend in Oct. this year too.
Are you going over this year?

·
Registered
2,379 Posts
Yep that's me. I'm going to Sekiu instead. I leave tuesday.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Mojo,
Good luck on your trip. Any suggestions as to method and area on the Hanford fishery? Went there last year and we caught a few but we certainly didn't tear it up. Any pointers?

·
Registered
10,811 Posts
As far as alvins go, most likely you won't find them at Joes or so the saleman there says.
<font size="2" face="verdana,arial,helvetica">If i'm not mistaken, I think that the alvins were replaced by Brad's wobblers and that they don't make alvins anymore? Don't quote me, but i've been told this by more than one reliable source. This may be why the salesman at Joes told you this???

-jokester

·
Registered
10,811 Posts
Hmmmm....thanks steelhead22. I'll have to go check that out! Can anyone answer this question...some guys will only fish alvins and not Brads, however some guys will only fish Brad's and not alvins. Is there any difference in the action on these two lures. From what little i've seen, I can't tell a difference between the two straight out of the package?? Am I missing something?

·
Registered
2,379 Posts
Fishrunner,
Half of Team Moose Drool fished it hard this weekend, and they only got one. I think it is a little early still.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts