IFish.net banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
353 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys and gals,

A couple months back I bought a 2016 Alumaweld SV 20’ used with only 62 hours on the main from an auction. The boat did not come with any seat boxes or seats. I bought two 20x20x16” diamond plate seat boxes and two Tempress non folding helm seats. The issue I’m having is the seats and seat boxes blow over when I’m on the freeway. Other than throwing a bunch of stuff inside the boxes or drilling into the floor are there any options to secure them to the boat? I’d like to keep them removable and able to place them throughout the boat when on the water but stationary while on the trailer. Any suggestions? Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
14 Posts
Alumaweld makes a piece that mounts to the side of the box that then mounts to the gunnel rail. Should be able to order a couple.

Sent from my SM-G977U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
353 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Alumaweld makes a piece that mounts to the side of the box that then mounts to the gunnel rail. Should be able to order a couple.

Sent from my SM-G977U using Tapatalk
Thanks, I’ll give them a call. Hopefully I can deal directly with them and not have to go through a dealer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
5,146 Posts
My RB Boats has a C-channel rail that is vertically mounted (the opening of the channel points inward). The seat box has a side box/tray that has to carriage bolts and knob/nuts you can tighten/loosen if you want to adjust the fore/aft position. T rail is mounted onto the bottom of the long tray that is about 14" under the gunwale. If you need a more detailed pic, PM me with an email and I'll take one once the snow clears out.

BB

1 - 5 of 5 Posts