IFish.net banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2,604 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After washing the DB today I noticed there is alot of stains on the Aluminum. looks like its from the roads. My question is, Does anyone know of a good Aluminum cleaner out there? I heard that there is a special coating on the Aluminum that some polishes/cleaners can take off. Is this true. If so, wich one could i use?

Thanks
CM

·
Registered
104 Posts
There is a place in Albany called Sureclean Northwest. They have the best alum. cleaner out there. Just spray on with a garden sprayer and wait about 1 minute then rinse with a hose. No scrubbing needed. This dream solution is called A-B aluminium cleaner. I love this stuff and use it for all my alum. . Hope this helps

·
Registered
13,619 Posts
I have not a clue. My boats are a lot of things. Clean aint one of them.

Scrimmy and Spooled have purty rigs all the time. Listen to them. They know the ways of glistening metal.

Mark and "Pigpen" the dog.

[ 11-24-2003, 09:03 PM: Message edited by: Flatfish ]

·
Registered
1,727 Posts
go to yahoo yellow pages and type in 'Sureclean Northwest', they are in Tangent.

Link removed! Sorry :depressed:

[ 11-25-2003, 08:29 AM: Message edited by: ex-tex ]

·
Registered
91 Posts
I remember seeing something about a product called sharkshide or something close to that, maybe do a search.

·
Banned
8,921 Posts
I use a product called Flitz. Comes in a little tube and you can get it at most automotive stores or marine suppliers. I think GI Joes and Fisherman's has it.

Sharkhide is a protectant once the aluminum is clean. I don't think anyone local carries it so you have to order it. You can find it on-line.

Ex-Tex, I couldn't get your link to work, and yeah, that's stretching the limits a little bit. I'll let you edit it.

Skein

·
Registered
909 Posts
I used a acid based cleaner on my boat then a coat of sharkhide. Put it on before the summer saltwater season. It works great I didnt have to polish it once and It still looks great. The salt wont pit it and it looks great. They are probably doing this in oregon but up here in washington they spray the road when they think it might freeze. Well you guessed it the stuff the spray is caustic and when it gets on aluminum it leaves spots. Its the worst when it frezzes then starts to melt then it really sprays off the tires and gets on everything. SHARKHIDE

·
Registered
1,120 Posts
Try "Mothers". You will find it in the same place as the wax etc. Does a fantastic job. Rub it on real good, you should get a lot of black stuff off and then just rub out or use a polisher on it. I just started using it and it is great stuff.

I have to eat a little crow. When i got to the area below the water line the mothers was almost worthless. Sorry about the bad info. Guess i will be try some of the other mentioned products also.

[ 11-25-2003, 11:08 AM: Message edited by: CAGEY ]

·
Registered
2,604 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thanks everyone. Just cleaned about 6 months of grime inside and out of the DB. Anymore Idea's for Scent stains on the inside of the boat?

Thanks again
CM

·
Registered
315 Posts
Corkie Monster.........

To remove scent stains try that cleaning product called "Ultrabrite"....

No really, in my old boat I had a guy that slopped smelly jelly everywhere, I should have watched him, thats another story...I tried everything, could not get it out, I tried Tide, goo-b-gone, nothing I tried got rid of the stain.

If someone else know how to love to know...

[ 11-25-2003, 10:53 AM: Message edited by: NETONE ]

·
Registered
2,388 Posts
Ilike skein use flitz. I bought mine at Koffler in Eugene. Came in a quart. Also bought alum clean from them. Like the other product. Spray on hose off. Won't touch anything painted or decalc. Wouldn't enen clean my transducer cables.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts