IFish Fishing Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,270 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Heading over to the Alsea in the a.m.. How's fishing and were is a good spot. Will either be in my tan colored Alumaweld drifter or Phil's " Pro-Cure" Willy sled.Never fished here before. Should we bring crab pots?
We are going to try some new scents so beware.

Heard the little Nestucca is doing good----should we head there instead?
John :cheers:

[ 10-18-2003, 02:11 PM: Message edited by: 4 REEL ]

·
Registered
2,270 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
:blush:

[ 10-19-2003, 05:32 PM: Message edited by: 4 REEL ]

·
Registered
34 Posts
I bobber fished the Alsea this morning and got a 30-plus pound hen, but only saw one other fish caught. A friend says it was good all week, but slowed considerably today. Lots of boats, mostly bobber fishing, around Kozy Kove, and a pretty good bunch trolling down between Drift Creek and Taylor's. good luck.-

·
Registered
26 Posts
Now...now.. "For Real" ...don't get excited.

Here's my report. Went down to about milepost 13 yesterday. Fish were moving up the river fast and hard. It was fun to watch them moving up through the shallow spots. Had one take down on bobber and eggs. No luck on spinnners. Only fished about 4 hours. Take your crabpots just in case.I would fish really low or really high. Just my two cents. LB

·
Registered
2,270 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Sorry, It's 3:18 am and really rainin :shocked: .....so off we go. :dance:

·
Registered
688 Posts
Alsea report: I went for a drive to check the marinas and resorts on Sat. aftnoon and saw what I saw. One of the Guru guides out of Kozy Kove threw 4 fish on the dock that were as BLACK as any I've seen in a LONG time. If that's Fishing I QUIT! I wouldn't even put them in the net! I heard him say as he filleted one, "Oh this fish is just fine you will enjoy the flavor." They were the color of PLYWOOD! His customer must have been from Boise! Those fish looked like Retreads from Les Schwab!! The eggs were what he wanted!!! This is appalling if that's the norm for the "fleet" up there! Ridiculous! Im wondering how many hundred of those prime Hens full of eggs have been bashed this fall in these low water conditions? I heard of 4-5 fish in the entire lower river area that we checked with. It was very slow for all the marinas we stopped and walked the docks and talked w/lots of fishermen in the parks and at the docks. Of course I'm sure that wasn't all the fish caught but 'twas not very good. Maybe we all need to take a look at what we can do to help these runs on low water years by not killing these prime dark hens that have NO PLACE to go. I consider this as BAD as snagging! Comments go ahead......Regards, Chillyone.... :cheers:

·
Registered
2,270 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Yeah, That sucks.. :mad: ...Those morons ought to be thrown into a day old carcas dumpster
from the Newport cleaning area in prime time, the lid slammed shut and lockem in for a couple a days!!!
We didn't see ANY action today and only got 9 nice crabs. The weather was really bad and the tide wasn't real good either. But better than cleaning the garage.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts