IFish Fishing Forum banner
  • Are you passionate about fishing? Would you like to write about topics that interest you and get paid for it? Read all about it here!
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
312 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have cook on my boat with boat propane and alcohol wick type stoves. I am looking for a new on board stove for my boat, and have found some pressurized alcohol stoves, but I have never used one. Has anyone out there ever used pressurized alcohol compared to the wick type, and what is your feedback. I will also post this on salty dogs.

·
Registered
5,224 Posts
Hummm, I don't like the idea of alcohol getting lose in the boat. For safety sake I would stick with the small propane bottles. PS Whats for lunch? :smile:

·
Registered
174 Posts
pressurized alcohol stoves are pretty safe and quite a few boats do have them. I have had one on my Sea Ray for several years. A propane gas leak can settle down to the low parts of a boat alchol will evaporite up. But an open flame is still a problem. If you have shore power an eletrical hot plate or stove would be a better option

·
Registered
1,140 Posts
Canned butane is the way to go----I have this countertop unit that uses cans of butane that are cheap and easy to come by.

Kenyon Marine

Heats super fast and is easy to run and simple. Kenyon is the brand and I think West Marine carries them. Yup, West Marine has em. Good unit and cheap...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts