IFish Fishing Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

· Banned
953 Posts
Bimini on the braid and then attach the braid with a worm knot or Modified albright...... If the braid is wrapped around a doubled over mono and fed back through the loop in the mono that is the modified albright..... If the mono is wrapped around the braid and then fed through the loop on the braid that is a worm knot.....

Hope that made sense.... that is how I do it.... I use the modified albright.... or is that a surgeons knot??:confused:

· Registered
1,346 Posts
Go thru the hole and rap down away from the hole 7-9 times and then rap back over the first rap and go back out the hole.

· Registered
3,251 Posts
No, Grady, I meant spool the reel with mono, then tie on your swivel, then clip on your lure. I don't like braid for anything but verticle presentations in deep water. It's unnecessarily complicated and expensive to use it for albies.

· Registered
2,465 Posts
I use the albright knot and it goes through the guides very well. I'd like to try Gradys knot but I'd probably just tie myself in a knot.:help:(short sausage fingers):smirk:.

Brandon

· Registered
1,491 Posts
No, Grady, I meant spool the reel with mono, then tie on our swivel, then clip on your lure.

Off the question posted but don't know if you meant this Paddler but we too do not like to use the string,,,straight 50lb mono on the reel and slip a big swivel onto the double hooks and tie your mono right to that swivel. Just quickly retie when line gets frayed.

· Registered
3,251 Posts
Similar Booja. I just have all my lures pre-rigged on 130# or 250# leaders. Palomar to a 250# Sampo swivel, then clip on the lure. Fast and easy:

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.