IFish Fishing Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am planning an Alaskan trip end of May, first part of June mainly for halibut fishing and some salmon. I would like to rent a fishing boat for 5 persons with gear for 4-5 days. Maybe have a captain for the 1st trip out. Any recommendations of location for that time of year and outfitters who have good fishing boat setups would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
60 Posts
fishbaranof.com, Joe runs a first class operation out of Sitka, I went there in 2018 and plan to go again 2022.

·
Registered
4,318 Posts
Yes, fishbaranof in Sitka is a great operation. This year will be my 8th trip. PM me your email and I can give you alot of info and pictures. May is a little early for Kings.

·
Registered
4 Posts
If you want to do first day guided trip in Sitka send me a PM and ill see what we have available or send you in the right direction of who to fish with

·
Registered
1,224 Posts
If you like livaboard, I have a 38’ twin diesel cruiser that sleeps 4 that I rent out of Hoonah - close to Elfin Cove and Glacier Bay. Or you can rent a Nordic Tug out of Juneau. See pics in threads titled “Dream Trip Inside Passage”

·
Registered
4,649 Posts
There was a guy running a boat rental outfit in Soldotna. He was a commercial pilot. He was at the South end of town near the tourism offices.

·
Registered
6,584 Posts
I am planning an Alaskan trip end of May, first part of June mainly for halibut fishing and some salmon. I would like to rent a fishing boat for 5 persons with gear for 4-5 days. Maybe have a captain for the 1st trip out. Any recommendations of location for that time of year and outfitters who have good fishing boat setups would be greatly appreciated.

Where are you planing on going in Alaska?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts