IFish.net banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just thinking after several trips to Alaska via aircraft, how would somebody fare trying to take an 18' Hewes to Ketchikan. I have done the self guided trip with reasonable success, but was thinking how nice it would be to fish off of my own boat instead of a 14-16 Lund skiff. Can the Ferry take a rig with a boat in tow and would it be cost effective? How much fun would it be to take a three week trip to the Salmon Capitol of the World, in your own boat! Just wishing, any experiences along these lines would be appreciated.

·
King Lingcod
49,084 Posts
I would like to jump on this thread also. I took a trip to Alaska this month and was thinking the same thing, load up the boat and truck and see how much it would cost to ferry over.

·
Registered
12,167 Posts
we met up with some ifishers who did just that. They are up there for a month on prince of Wales. Took them a few days to get there, but their 18' boat did great. I fished briefly with them. I'll pm you his moniker. I think he gets back in another week.

·
King Lingcod
49,084 Posts
we met up with some ifishers who did just that. They are up there for a month on prince of Wales. Took them a few days to get there, but their 18' boat did great. I fished briefly with them. I'll pm you his moniker. I think he gets back in another week.

PM received, thanks. My trips are over for this year, but I will keep the info for future use. Thanks again.
Dave

·
Registered
1,040 Posts
Just thinking after several trips to Alaska via aircraft, how would somebody fare trying to take an 18' Hewes to Ketchikan. I have done the self guided trip with reasonable success, but was thinking how nice it would be to fish off of my own boat instead of a 14-16 Lund skiff. Can the Ferry take a rig with a boat in tow and would it be cost effective? How much fun would it be to take a three week trip to the Salmon Capitol of the World, in your own boat! Just wishing, any experiences along these lines would be appreciated.

Coho fishing will be red hot here in ketchikan in a few weeks

1 - 5 of 5 Posts