IFish Fishing Forum banner
  • Are you passionate about fishing? Would you like to write about topics that interest you and get paid for it? Read all about it here!
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5,747 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Bonk, how old is your rod? You shouldn't be getting any grooves with mono. I've never even heard of that happening unless you have rattled the tip around and something has maybe chipped it. People had problems with grooving with superlines but rarely with mono. Is your line extremely dirty? Is it just the tip? Tips can be put on by quite a few people, just as at some tackle shops and they will be able to put you onto someone. Enough guys on Ifish build rods so maybe someone will post for you. Good Luck. :cheers:

·
Registered
391 Posts
i just took a look at my air IM& rod, and the top guide is grooved! im wondering if i just didnt nick it, or if the ultragreen i use grooved it :whazzup: anyone have similar problems?

·
Registered
391 Posts
im thinking it might be a chip, but there is a noticable dent..i sanded it down with some fine grit sandpaper,and it seemed to help. if it comes back ill have a new tip put on:)

also, i just bought the rod this winter, and have only used it once..if it is grooving, im kinda dissapointed about how easy it was

[ 04-13-2003, 12:05 PM: Message edited by: BonkBonkBonk ]

1 - 4 of 4 Posts