IFish Fishing Forum banner
  • Are you passionate about fishing? Would you like to write about topics that interest you and get paid for it? Read all about it here!
1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
King Lingcod
49,752 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
but for every bad person, there is a good person who saw you hit my trailer and I have your license plate number. Stuff happens, I get it. It was probably your friend parking your rig for you, maybe he told you maybe he didn't but by now you should see the considerable damage to your rig and tell you were not hit, you were the one doing the hitting. I got out of it of light (pun intended). Unbolted the light hammered the mount back out straight (almost) and will be back up and running in no time. So the deal is, PM me with the details on how you will pay me and we are done or I report the hit and run to the Police tomorrow. I think that is fair if it was a fellow Ifish member, if not someone is going to get a knock on the door from the state police.

·
Registered
1,632 Posts
Sucks to have that happen. This season feels like a bad one for parking lot incidents.

Do you know someone on OSP? If not, unfortunately I don't think you are going to see much satisfaction.

·
King Lingcod
49,752 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I do have connections. You would think hit and run would be pretty bad to the Law Enforcement.

·
Registered
1,632 Posts
Currently LE appear to treat it like a minor event, at least in the parking lots near me. Hope your connection helps.

·
Registered
3,809 Posts
I think your offer is more than generous Dave.
I would sure hope in our community of fisherman the person would own up to the damage. Stuff happens and some times it cost.

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
I do have connections. You would think hit and run would be pretty bad to the Law Enforcement.
That's the problem. Murder and **** only rate "pretty bad". I can steal thousands from Lowe's in copper wire and the cops say I might get a ticket. Might.
We're screwed. Deal with it and move on. Makes me puke.

·
Registered
169 Posts
20 years with no incident seems pretty lucky. Someone hit my trailer last year and kept right on going. It's so frustrating! The new light was $75 on Amazon and a piece of cake to replace. Can't believe people's character and ability to look themselves in the mirror is worth less than $75. Hopefully whoever did it will jump at the opportunity to do the right thing.

·
Registered
130 Posts
10 years ago a smashed window and stolen property wouldn't get me anything more than filling out a report online. If nobody was hurt they won't care.

·
Registered
5,374 Posts
I hope our police are busy taking care of bigger issues than parking lot boat trailer fender benders. Though it would be nice to have police staffed to the level that they could have the time to give such events full attention.

·
Registered
1,267 Posts
if you have no info (smashed window and stuff taken, but no idea who did it), then they won't spend time on it, but if you have the license plate number, they'll most certainly follow up on it. In that case, they don't have to do detective work, rather just a follow up.

·
Registered
306 Posts
Been hit twice in the last 6 years
Hit the trailer fender once
The second hit was to the front corner of my truck
Could plainly see the shape of the end of a trailer side bunk impression in my front turn signal and fender
Where are the security cams ??

·
Registered
9,230 Posts
I hope our police are busy taking care of bigger issues than parking lot boat trailer fender benders. Though it would be nice to have police staffed to the level that they could have the time to give such events full attention.
I hope fender benders are the most important issues they have to deal with. :D

·
Registered
7,767 Posts
Why the sarcasm man?

Dont get me wrong. I feel bad for the guy. It would suck to have somebody damage your stuff and leave the scene. Pretty low to do that. But it just seems a bit off to me that the police would give this man priority over others because he has connections. If they are too busy to handle that type of call for the average Joe, why should they give a dam about him? Special treatment for thee but no for me I guess.

I wish they would take all incidents like this seriously. But they dont even begin to have the incentive to do so.

·
Registered
1,943 Posts
Sorry to hear about that. Hopefully somehow, someway he'll hear about it this in the next few hours and do the right thing and Venmo you the reimbursement. If you had the license plate # right away you should of reported it WHEN IT HAPPENED. They might get a good kick down at the local precinct once they get word your taillight got busted out yesterday and you tried to somewhat hold him on a 24hr Ransom with a public fishing interweb forum.

·
Registered
1,327 Posts
That lot is laid out wrong. I’m amazed there’s not a lot more broken brake light lens plastic, bumper trim, and other minor crash debris laying around that lot.

1 - 20 of 42 Posts