IFish Fishing Forum banner
  • Are you passionate about fishing? Would you like to write about topics that interest you and get paid for it? Read all about it here!
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
591 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I now have a 20 ft. Blue Water. Here is what I use it for in order of number of trips for each;

-Sturgeon fishing often in very rough water

-Trolling for salmon in the ocean

-Anchoring for salmon in the Columbia

-Trolling for salmon in the Willamette

-Bottom fishing in the ocean

-Occasional trips to resivoirs in the summer for tubing, etc.

-I want to be able to fish for Halibut in the new boat. This would be about 22 miles out of Tillamook and at the rock pile in Newport. I know our boat will do this now but not as good as what I am looking for. I would also like to be able to troll for Tuna when they get within 20-30 miles.

-I want something that is easy to trailor but is a somewhat smooth ride in the ocean.

-20-22 ft.

-Something that can get decent gas mileage. I am a teacher and have a lot of time off so I want something that will be affordable to take out often. Either a V-6 inboard or an equivalent outboard that goes at least 40mph or so.

-I was thinking a 22ft. Blue Water sportfisher. This is a nice boat for the ocean but I question it's trailoring and anchoring.

-Or maybe a 20-22 ft. alluminum with a deep V. What alluminum boat handles the best in the ocean and is practical in the river?

-I was looking to buy new and keep it around $30,000 or maybe a little more. That is what the blue water costs but maybe I will spend a little more for an alluminum.

-What do you think?

·
Registered
591 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
-What will the ride be like in a deeper V alluminum compared to the Blue Water?

-What are the advantages and disadvantages to mounting an outboard on a bracket on back of the platform?

-When you give a suggestion could you give me an idea of how they do on gas and how much they cost equiped with good seats, full-top, and just the normal

Thanks for your help guys. Jesse

·
Registered
6 Posts
Take a look at the Hewescraft Searunner. Variable deadrise aluminum... very seaworthy and should be well within your price range. I just got a 17'6" Searunner and am totally in love with it. If you can stand a bit of a drive go to Des Moines Marine in DesMoines WA (south of Seattle) Ivan is a great guy... the local dealer has received very poor reviews from me and others... good luck

Originally posted by Blue Water 23:
I now have a 20 ft. Blue Water. Here is what I use it for in order of number of trips for each;

-Sturgeon fishing often in very rough water

-Trolling for salmon in the ocean

-Anchoring for salmon in the Columbia

-Trolling for salmon in the Willamette

-Bottom fishing in the ocean

-Occasional trips to resivoirs in the summer for tubing, etc.

-I want to be able to fish for Halibut in the new boat. This would be about 22 miles out of Tillamook and at the rock pile in Newport. I know our boat will do this now but not as good as what I am looking for. I would also like to be able to troll for Tuna when they get within 20-30 miles.

-I want something that is easy to trailor but is a somewhat smooth ride in the ocean.

-20-22 ft.

-Something that can get decent gas mileage. I am a teacher and have a lot of time off so I want something that will be affordable to take out often. Either a V-6 inboard or an equivalent outboard that goes at least 40mph or so.

-I was thinking a 22ft. Blue Water sportfisher. This is a nice boat for the ocean but I question it's trailoring and anchoring.

-Or maybe a 20-22 ft. alluminum with a deep V. What alluminum boat handles the best in the ocean and is practical in the river?

-I was looking to buy new and keep it around $30,000 or maybe a little more. That is what the blue water costs but maybe I will spend a little more for an alluminum.

-What do you think?
<font size="2" face="verdana,arial,helvetica">

·
Banned
19,959 Posts
Willie Asaltor.

·
Registered
924 Posts
Sorry, but I couldn't help myself either

www.stabicraft.com

Click on 'showroom' and look at the 559XR Sport or 609XR soft top.

All the ocean safety a man could ever want. It can be towed behind an Explorer an it has a little cuddy.

You would be impressed.

[ 10-10-2003, 10:38 PM: Message edited by: Redbull ]

1 - 7 of 7 Posts