IFish Fishing Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
2,303 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone know where I can buy a shrink ray gun to use on all these arctic prawns I have cured up for springers? I'd like to get them down to about half size for use as steelhead bait. I know I can tear them in half but I have more confidence fishing a whole bait.

... or maybe someone can leak me a source of raw mini prawns used for steelhead.:wink: I've thought about trying some of the Asian markets in Portland but it's a long drive to come back skunked. Feel free to PM if you have a source or want to split up a bulk order.

· Registered
2,303 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the advice. I've used them like that before but I have more confidence fishing a bait with eyes, feelers and a tail, even though peeled prawn meat and a whole small prawn are probably equally effective. It must be the flyfisherman in me trying to "match the hatch".

· Registered
1,002 Posts
ahh,, if i were you "and i am not" i would listen to DJ,, tails got 4 fish for me very shortly ago,, and jack's had raw ***** on thursday, but not sure if he still has now,, good luck

rw

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.