IFish Fishing Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,510 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Noticed in Cabelas catalog that Abu-Garcia has an add-on line counter. Just wondering if anyone has one, knows someone that does, or any information at all. Good...Bad...Indifferent

·
Registered
12,174 Posts
don't know that one. I bought a few of the shakespeare line counters. They clip on the rod and attach to the line when needed. Easy and they work great. loved them koke fishing this summer.
Good luck!
GBS

·
Registered
1,378 Posts
The best line counter out there. It is saving my right elbow as every night fishing season I get repetitive motion syndrome from counting out pulls. It has a built in electronic alarm that goes off when my K-13 gets 80 feet out. Click the bail and set her in the rodholder. Very precise and worth the money. :cheers:

·
Registered
1,378 Posts
After fishing with this new line counter I can say without a doubt that it is junk. The idea was great but the product isn't. I have had it back to the shop twice now. It eats batteries. The light washes out the numbers on the LCD. It makes the line out clicker quiet. Save your money and spend it on a Shimano Tekoda line counter. My walleye buddies don't have anything good to say about the Abu linecounter either. They sent theirs back. :cheers:

·
Registered
457 Posts
FNF, Thanks for the field test. Was about to buy one, but no chance now. Looking now toward the Shimano. Thanks again
Wayne

1 - 5 of 5 Posts