1 - 20 of 62 Posts

·
Registered
16,934 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
2,601 Posts
The standard is to remove any hazard tree within 1.5 tree-lengths of the resource to be protected. That means any tree with the needles burned off, or turning red, or with structural damage. And, if originally in a thick, closed stand, any residual trees left open to wind throw. The life of one motorist is worth more than 10,000 questionable trees. When I had a tree service in the Seattle area 30 years ago, they wanted to "preserve" all trees possible, and required a permit, approved by their city forester, to cut any tree over 6" DBH. A typical client would have a couple 30" diameter, 140' tall fir trees in their yard that they were worried about. Note, trees this size usually cut a house in half when they land on it. They go until they hit the concrete stemwalls, and usually break those. Anyway, the city would deny the permit, even is signs if heart rot were present. Then we would hire a lawyer to put the city on notice that they would then be liable for any damage the tree caused if it ever fell, in perpetuity. The city would consult with their in-house lawyer, who would tell them how stupid they were, and force them to issue the tree removal permit. About 6 weeks and $1500 later I would cut the trees.

·
Registered
2,663 Posts
yup, live there now and its a beech to cut a tree even if it's a downer.

·
Registered
1,878 Posts
Its a publicity stunt by the antis. LOOK AT THE GOVERNMENT WASTE FROM HARVESTING ALL THE DEAD TREES!

The antis attacked the logging industry many decades ago so virtually very little could be harvested from the national forests. All to save the spotted owl. Now look at the waste, decimation, federal tax dollars to be lost from all the understory gone wild! All ready this year we are having wildfires in Southern Oregon due to it being an absolute dry spring.

Are you ready for the repeat of yesterday? History repeats itself folks, remember the Gorge Fire. I am sure only a couple of antis living out in the "WILD" were directly affected by last years fires while millions more will suffer from the losses in the timber industry. Just look at the price of timber and housing right now.

All because someone wanted to save a spotted owl or two, I am sure a hundred of them things died in the fire.

Give me a break. Oh, and by the way, do you need some good seasoned firewood? I know who to talk too.

·
Registered
19,848 Posts

·
Registered
16,332 Posts

·
Registered
10,506 Posts

·
Registered
16,934 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Let's see - the Mayor of Gates, whistle blower employees who worked for the contractors, legislators, property owners, and Oregon State Police -- that's an unprecedented coalition of 'anti timber activists' 😂

·
Registered
19,848 Posts
The only good tree is a stump.

Reactions: Maverick Maxcat

·
Registered
652 Posts
Side topic - Not being aloud to cut trees down on your own property...love when the city tries to tell me what to do on my property that I pay taxes on.
Keep in mind that a recently retired Portland City Commissioner is on record (more than 20 years ago) telling us "... trees have rights too.".. Keep Portland Weird. Next thing you know they will have voting rights too..

·
Registered
19,848 Posts
Earth first, we'll log the other planets later.

Reactions: slackwater

·
Premium Member
17,554 Posts
Keep in mind that a recently retired Portland City Commissioner is on record (more than 20 years ago) telling us "... trees have rights too.".. Keep Portland Weird. Next thing you know they will have voting rights too..
They don't now? That would explain all the dead wood in Salem.

·
Registered
2,093 Posts
Stunt this.

Yep hold up the removal of hazard trees until they fall into the road on top of somebody just driving down the road.
Either that or just close all the roads so nobody can drive on them. That's what they seem to want anyway.

·
Registered
10,506 Posts
Let's see - the Mayor of Gates, whistle blower employees who worked for the contractors, legislators, property owners, and Oregon State Police -- that's an unprecedented coalition of 'anti timber activists'
If you read the article, you'll see that the environmental groups are outcry outcrying to stop as well..

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,878 Posts
I can see some even doing Risky Stunt Drinking and Driving on here.

Yea, its a stunt all right. Look at the ones filing the complaints, and whom would be their political affiliation? Some here are even posting stuff to get a reaction out of you and then file complaints with the staff to get you banned!

Posted from the Eye Believe official sourcing trvth lands.

1 - 20 of 62 Posts