IFish Fishing Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

· Registered
10,869 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I archery hunt for elk, so I don't really know the answer to this one. My buddy was asking me if he got a general season coastal rifle elk tag, would it only be good for 1st OR 2nd season? Or would it be good for 1st AND 2nd season? I was telling him that I thought it was just a general elk tag and that I would assume that it's good for both 1st and 2nd coastal elk seasons, but wasn't sure and would get clarification. Am I correct in assuming this?? :shrug: Is that tag just an "over the counter" elk tag that's good for both seasons. Or do you have to specifically buy a 1st or a 2nd season tag? I checked in the regs real quick (might have missed it) and couldn't find anything about it. Thanks in advance for the clarification... :cheers:

-jokester

· Registered
10,869 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
After re-reading the regs, it does read as though it's either a 1st season tag, or a 2nd season tag...not both. Still would like a difinitive answer from someone who's certain though. :shrug:

-jokester

· Registered
10,869 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks guys :cheers: I'll let him know.

-jokester

· Registered
17,245 Posts
Remember, that tag is not good in Saddle Mt., you have to draw that one. Just a friendly reminder. :cheers:

· Halibut
2,967 Posts
Good point.
I mean if you are just not sure about 1st or 2nd season you might assume it's OK to go hunt Saddle Mt Unit.

If I was a bird hunter I'd have to hire a lawyer to figure out what to do.

Hey RankAm here is a heads up. If I don't see any good evidence of elk in my Wilson first season area I may go for that Saddle Mt Unit 2nd hunt option. I think there may be an eight year old bull with my name on it ... somewhere... Sometime... Somehow...
:smash:
StevenB

· Registered
17,245 Posts
Hey, you changed your name! Nope, that 8 year old has my name on him! Their out there, when we were collecting teeth samples we would always get one or two in the sample and yes they were big old boys!

· Halibut
2,967 Posts
It's about time you noticed. Even I thought the Steven Baiter was a bit odd.

So what if I bait people and hooks?

No that 8 year old bull with your name on it is not the same one with my name on it. In fact I think that 8 year old bull I'm going to take may not even be born yet. :shrug:

StevenB

· Registered
17,245 Posts
I might want to add, you drew a Saddle Mt. tag and may switch it for a Wilson tag. Just so somebody didn't start to call the cops again. :cheers:

· Registered
17,245 Posts
Oh, you will learn real quick on this forum! :laugh: Hey, I don't know if that was a compliment or not!!! :bigshock: :cheers:

· Registered
17,245 Posts
Thanks, yes I am just waiting for Letterman to blow up that 1300 pound pumkin and I'm off to dream land too.

· Banned
848 Posts
"If I was a bird hunter I'd have to hire a lawyer to figure out what to do."
:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Isn't that the truth! Cody

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.