IFish.net banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I use to fish the Abiqua creek south of mollala we use to catch some real nice native cutthroat their, a friend of mine use to live up their , but sence died. he told me, approx 10 years ago, their was a small hatchery on the Abiqua and it had a fair "summer run" steelhead every year and not to many people new about it. would anybody here know anything about that? and is the hatchery still there. i should go up and check it out but why go on a wild goose chase when someone here might know.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
i also just found out that you spell there..not thier.....to long of a day

·
Registered
4,487 Posts
I live a mile or two from the Abiqua, but I havn't been around here long enough to know about any major runs up there. I'll ask some of the old-timers and find out whats up, I'd like to know too!!

·
Registered
1,127 Posts
I fished the Abiqua for many years and their was a regular stocking of planted rainbows then. No hatchery on the creek ever. It had a winter run of hatchery steelhead back in the '80's but some people ruined it by netting the creek downstream from the highway and as far as I know the fishery never got renewed. I caught a nice 7 pound hen in 1983 there.

·
Registered
1,505 Posts
I taught at Butte Creek Elementary right next to the Abiqua for two years but there wasn't ever any steelhead. I know some show on Butte Creek though. You must be one of 20 people that live in Marcum Woody.

~steelymann~

·
Registered
4,487 Posts
SteelyMANN, PE teacher and soccer coach, right? Yea, I know who you are.

[ 05-25-2003, 08:44 PM: Message edited by: Woody ]

1 - 7 of 7 Posts