IFish Fishing Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This has been quite a year of fists for me! This year I caught my first sturgeon (see earlier post), took my first drift boat ride and caught my first steelhead!
I caught this steelhead on a guided float down the Umpqua in late March. In 2 days, I hooked 14 and landed 12! We were using eggs. Last year was also a year of firsts. I caught my first largemouth bass and my first salmon (in my own boat that is). Thanks to Steve at Beaverton GI-Joes for all the great advice on how to catch them salmon. I'm hooked for life! I've fished for trout all my life, but had kind of put fishing on the back burner after getting married and kids, and a job and... Suddenly I woke up a couple of years ago and realized that I'm living in one of the best salmon fishing parts of the world and I'd better start making some time to do it! My wife says she feels like a fishing widow now, but is happy that I have a "hobby"! :smile:

[ 04-24-2003, 11:44 AM: Message edited by: salmonman ]

·
Registered
2,702 Posts
Congratulations on all your firsts!! :cheers: Now you just need to convince your wife to go and you will be set!! I think my husband is probably wondering what he created, :shocked: getting me to go with him! Now, sometimes I think he would rather not go, but he knows how much I love it so off we go!!

Dipnet :grin:

·
Registered
126 Posts
What I noticed was that there is obvious water drops coming off the fish. That means the picture taker was ready to snap the shot before you even lifted the fish up out of the water. I'll bet you even held the fish over water the entire time, also. Plus you've got a firm grasp in the right places.

I wish more "newbies" would learn to treat fish the way you have.

Congrats on all the firsts. :cheers:

·
Registered
1,259 Posts
Congrats salmonman. Just bring your wife a nice salmon fillet or two every once and a while and she will let you stay out. (just don't tell her it's more of an addiction that a hobby) :wink:

·
Registered
3,066 Posts
I certainly hope you put that native back in the River.

I'm sure you did, but I just had to ask.

Rusty

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hey - I may be a newbie, but I'm not an idiot. I know what the rules are, and I abide by them. Also, do you see me touching gills anywhere - NO! The fish was revived in the water till it swam off naturally. Geeze.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts