IFish Fishing Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
12,322 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
All the fish you want ... chinook and a couple of huge silvers (17 pounds after bleeding!). A marvelous day with Chris Vertopoulous. That young'un can fish!!! :dance:

[ 08-27-2003, 08:59 PM: Message edited by: Thumper ]

·
Registered
1,324 Posts
Way to goi Thump Thunmp Thump, Thumper Or should I say Bonk bonk bonk. I seem to always want to fish insided but end up outside.

All my trips have been to the ocean and I just don't know how to drop inside and stay. Sure would be safer from what they were reporting yesterday. Yet another boat lost at the Mouth of the CR. Will people every learn what the PFD is for and wear them when crossing the most dangerous bars in the World?

Sure would love to follow someone inside to see how ( which should be the same ) and where they find all these fish. Cannot seem to break the habit of hitting the CR buoy area as I seem to always catch fish there. Maybe I should give up one day just to run around the Church hole and Saw Dust pile to see what and if anything really happens in there. May be worth it if I could just quit going to the CR. One of these days.

*Fish only bite wet hooks*

·
Registered
12,322 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well, this was not too tough. We spent most of the day within a long tee shot from the Hammond boat launch. Along with about 1,000 of our friends. Everybody seemed to be catching fish, though the guides knocked 'em dead. And the Ifish guides REALLY knocked 'em dead.

·
Registered
8,918 Posts
Fished Tues/Wens, good fishing, althought Wens we did have trouble catching our Silvers. Released 6 nookers at the boat and short line released a couple others. Lots of nice big nookers in the river as the dams have been dumping water for 4 or 5 days now. Good luck to all that go this weekend. Be safe and have fun............ FB

·
Registered
790 Posts
Sounds great....I'm need clarification on what can be kept and limit reg's.

Are they:

...Three fish limit with only two that can be hatchery Chinook?

...If all three are silvers, they all need to be hatchery fish and two of the Silvers can be caught outside and one in the river?

Thanks for the clarification....

·
Registered
8,918 Posts
In the river it is 3 fish, only 1 chinook. Silvers must be ad clipped. Hasn't been a problem getting chinook last few days.

·
Registered
2,460 Posts
I would have to say too the action yesterday on the incoming between Hammond and the Bridge was awesome to see. It looked hotter than the CR bouy on a good day. I cant believe how fortunate we are to have this kind of fishery.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts