IFish.net banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
10,811 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Decided to go out after the ever so present nookie yesterday with some friends from work. Launched at Kalama about 11:30 and headed downriver. Alright, tide's at 12:30, so we're early!! Finally started going out strong around 1:00 or so so we anchored up and waited...and waited...and waited. OK, no bite, time to move! Anchored up again further upriver than what we were and waited. After about 30 minutes, nature began calling so I turned to head to the front of the boat. Uh oh...my rod's doing this funky dance? What the...FISH ON!! It came right in for a little while so I thought it may have been a silver or a steelie. That changed when it surfaced about 10 yards from the boat and it finally realized that it had my Gami siwash hook buried in it's jaw! Off it went! Took 4 or 5 good runs till we finally netted it. What a beauty! Didn't have the camera with us, but got some pics when we got back.

Didn't get an official weight on it, but 3 of us all guesstimated it around 30lb! They always seem to come at the most in-opportune times :grin: Chrome & Gold Brad's Wobbler with a little shrimp oil seemed to be the ticket yesterday. Had one other drive by after this fish was caught, but it didn't stick! Thanks again Bunnell & Chuck for letting me tag along!

-jokester

·
Registered
12,177 Posts
I knew I shoulda left work and hit the afternoon tide!!

Nice fish! :cheers:

·
Registered
10,811 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Our fish was the only one I saw caught. The bite was slow from what I could see!

·
Registered
228 Posts
Joke,

Are you a duck hunter too? If not then from my experience, you can always count on birds when you need to relive yourself. It is kind of a challenge between hunters who will do it so the others can shoot.

Oh yeah, nice fish :shocked: My mind is on the opener in a month :cheers:

[ 09-05-2003, 09:50 PM: Message edited by: BigFish ]

1 - 4 of 4 Posts