IFish Fishing Forum banner
  • Are you passionate about fishing? Would you like to write about topics that interest you and get paid for it? Read all about it here!
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
3,728 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It was a good day today, no make that a GREAT day! Not only did the Lakers FALL, but we got blood in Sturgeon Tom's gorgeous new Willie Predator! And not only that, but it was my first non native springer of the year!

We hit the water about 1PM and fished till about 4:30 in O.C. Dodging the shad fisherman got old real quick so we headed to a slightly quiter spot. About 5 minutes later....fish on! After crackering one off last weekend with a mal-adjusted lever drag ambassaduer, I left it at home in favor of a "normal" ambassaduer. Good choice, I'd have never heard the end of it if I crackered one more springer this year!

We had a few other takedowns, but from what I've heard the better bite has been earlier in the day. All in all, even with the dicey weather today, it was a great day. Sturgeon Tom...I think you need to change your handle to Salmon Tom. Nice boat, it's going to put the hurt on many, many more fish! :cheers: :cheers:

LAKERS - R.I.P. it's about time!

·
Registered
4,003 Posts
Congrats on the fish Skrimmy!

Did I miss a thread of Sturgeon Tom's new boat?
Lets see some pictures of Tom's new boat (hopefully with blood and all!)

·
Registered
3,728 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Andy-

Well, not only did I leave the lever wind reel behind (intentionally)I also left the digital camera behind (unintentionally!)So, we not only didn't get pics of the fish, which was only about 10#, but didn't get pics of the boat. Tom's camera went AWOL so he didn't have his either.

That was only topped off with Tom forgetting to put the net in the boat! That made life a bit more interesting. Last week, it was the herring, what next! :grin: :grin:

·
Registered
2,460 Posts
Yahoo Skrimmy!, enjoy that meat. Even better since you didnt have the net. Glad to see the lakers lose too. :cheers:

·
Registered
8,838 Posts
Congrats, skrimmy! I knew you had it in you. Good choice to leave old leverdrag at home! :cheers:

And congrats to breakin' in the Willie with some fresh blood! :cheers:

Now, what did I just read? No net? No wonder you guys wanted me to come! Geez, I have a slightly used one still available ya know! :wink:

I'm just curious if Stillforgettingstuff Tom put his K-15s back in his tackle bag yet! :grin:

What was the score on rods? :shocked:

I wanted to be there! Work is cramping my lifestyle!

·
Registered
3,728 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Originally posted by Hogmaster:

I'm just curious if Stillforgettingstuff Tom put his K-15s back in his tackle bag yet! :grin:

What was the score on rods? :shocked:

<font size="2" face="verdana,arial,helvetica">Hog, after an extensive de-bananatizing bath, the K-15s are happily back in their proper place I believe. :laugh:

Tom did however forget to break a rod today, more reason to call it a great day! (Yeah, and I didn't have any unraveled knots either, I better get that in before Tom does!) :grin: :grin:

·
Registered
8,838 Posts
Another good indicator is that Redbull was even on the water last night! Of course he was sailing on the 'Lumbo 25 miles from you but at least we now know his effect isn't widening!

No broken knots, no broken rods, and no bananas? What on earth did you guys talk about? :grin: :grin:

:cheers:

[ 05-16-2003, 07:14 AM: Message edited by: Hogmaster ]

·
Registered
3,728 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Originally posted by Hogmaster:
No broken knots, no broken rods, and no bananas? What on earth did you guys talk about? :grin: :grin: :cheers:
<font size="2" face="verdana,arial,helvetica">Hog, we talked about the fact that there WEREN'T any broken knots, rods, or bananas....it really was a good day. The only thing missing that we wish wasn't, was you. Too bad you had to work so late! But then, if you had made it, who knows about the banana part? :grin: :grin: Or the broken rod, knots, etc too for that matter! :shocked:

[ 05-16-2003, 07:37 AM: Message edited by: skrimmy ]

·
Premium Member
1,437 Posts
Skrimmy what a day! Your first springer, and the first fish in the new boat.
I have figured out the rod thing. It must be Bananamaster, they only break when HE is around. :grin:

[ 05-16-2003, 08:13 AM: Message edited by: Sturgeon Tom ]

·
Registered
1,386 Posts
Good job Skrimmy!
I knew you would get into one soon. Now that you hopefully have retired that special reel, you will get fish to the boat. Put that thing on the fireplace mantle as a showpiece of what a reel engineer can do to screw up fisherman.
Glad there's blood in the boat, Tom.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts