IFish.net banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Banned
778 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Was fishing this weekend (on the bank) and had 2 boats troll by. Both hooked my line and my buddy's. I know accidents happen so I'm not mad, but please give us bankies a little room. Thanks & Good luck! FF Are lines were casted (not dropped off by a boat) so we weren't that far out.

·
Registered
3,998 Posts
Was fishing this weekend (on the bank) and had 2 boats troll by. Both hooked my line and my buddy's. I know accidents happen so I'm not mad, but please give us bankies a little room. Thanks & Good luck! FF Are lines were casted (not dropped off by a boat) so we weren't that far out.
I ALWAY'S give the bankie's lot's of room, I have the whole freakin river to get to...they are limited in that regard.

·
Registered
11,223 Posts
I always give bank fishermen lots of room - hey if youre fishing from a boat you have a ton of water - not so for the bankies! :shrug:

·
Registered
1,220 Posts
A good reminder to everyone. The only times I've crowded bank fishers have been accidental--I've anchored up in the wee hours at a point that I thought was way off the bank, only to realize that I'm too close when the bank fishermen show up -- you can usually tell when you get splashed by a good cast.

What I have found in the last couple of trips is that the boats have an extreme advantage right now on the CR-- look for water deeper than 50' --it's all well outside casting range.

--SC

·
King Lingcod
49,098 Posts
I give our bank friends plenty of room, except when I was a rookie in Oregon I was about 200 feet from shore and I snagged a bankie going for sturg by the Cellwood bridge. I did not know thye could cast that far out.

·
Banned
120 Posts
Isnt there a law which defines how close you can be to others... I know it is 50 yards to another boat on the ocean..

·
Registered
19,638 Posts
Isnt there a law which defines how close you can be to others... I know it is 50 yards to another boat on the ocean..

If that was true, there wouldn't be hoglines. I do however think jet skis are restricted as to how close they can get to other boats that are under way.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts