IFish Fishing Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

· Registered
17,451 Posts
Might have to put out a few calls on 2 meters see if the crew is listening - an ISS contact is fun - only done it once so far, but they were a little higher on the horizon that night.

· Qualified Sturgeon Hugger
38,288 Posts
We saw it last Saturday night when we up in the gorge. At least that is what the observatory at Goldendale said. We saw a fabulous meteor too.

· Registered
13,724 Posts
I think I just seen does it kinda look like a star that is moving across the sky way higher then a plane? if so that was cool thanks for posting it rp

· Registered
2,910 Posts
Thanks for the link. I saw it tonight at 10:31 - right on time. In the North sky moving from West to East. I was surprised at how fast it moves. Billions of $ sure burn bright!

I caught the early showing as I didn't realize we had two showings nightly. I've seen it many times, but I always head out to check it out.

I believe the "brightness" of the shuttle and the ISS is created from the reflection of the sun.

· Registered
1,871 Posts
saw some things at rock creek that are as you describe RP, way to bright for a sat, but to high and no blinking lights so could not be a plane.....

· Registered
9,675 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Tonight, 10:26, NW 70 deg above horizon. 50 times higher than a jet and 30 times faster. Its kinda moon colored and a bit brighter than stars, only visible for a minute before it goes in the shadow of the Earth and goes dark 70 degrees up to the north

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.