IFish Fishing Forum banner
  • Are you passionate about fishing? Would you like to write about topics that interest you and get paid for it? Read all about it here!
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
11,223 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got another chance to hit the Big River today with Joe (Killertraylor) and XTC's dad Orien who was up visiting from CA. XTC came along too but was not fishing as he has tagged out for the year! It was a wonderful day for a boat ride though! :grin:

We ended up going 2-3, I wiffed on one good and I mean good, a real world class cracker. :hoboy: Never seems to matter how many fish you catch, when the fish is pounding on my rod I still get strike anxiety and once in a while hit that thing way too soon!

The man from the south ended up doing all the damage for us today. His first fish was a real fighter and ended up tipping the scales at 34 lbs! :dance: The second weighed in at 20lbs. Both were caught in 55' of water on the lure I had pictured from my report yesterday. I really like these new smaller Brad's wobblers. They have a real nice shine to them in the water and you cant argue with the results, 4 fish in two days! :cool:

Here is a pic of Orien at the take out with his two beauties!

Way to go buddy! :cheers:

·
Registered
1,246 Posts
I am sure that xtc's dad has fished in Oregon before but what the heck "WELCOME TO OREGON" I would love to put some of my California relatives into some of these salmon :cheers:

·
Registered
11,223 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hey Russ next time you get some of your family up during spring or fall I will take you guys out! :cheers:

·
Registered
3,188 Posts
Originally posted by 5-Cents:
XTC came along too but was not fishing as he has tagged out for the year!
<font size="2" face="verdana,arial,helvetica">Surprised you guys don't use Washington tags for Columbia fishing. :shrug:

56 salmon, 30 steelhead a year would fit the rate you guys pound fish :cheers: For $50 how could you lose?

Then you could still save 10 Tillamook bay, and 10 for the Rogue or whatever for your Oregon tag.

Congrats to XTC's pops for a pair of nice chromers. :bowdown:

Chris :cool:

·
Registered
11,223 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Hey Rick it was not hot by any means... just 3 takedowns and we had to drop anchor 3 times to find fish, there are some still there for those of you looking this weekend, stay deep, very deep! :cheers:

·
Registered
11,223 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
FWF1 I am new to this game and that idea never occured to me! Is that legal? :shrug:

·
Registered
3,188 Posts
Yup, but only for boat fishing the Columbia. Doesn't matter where you put in or take out(OR vs. WA), as long as you have a valid tag for either state you can fish legally in the Columbia.

But you couldn't bank fish the Columbia from either shore using the other state's license.

Confused??? :wink:

It's all about the Cabbage Silk baby :grin:

Chris :cool:

·
Registered
11,223 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Now I see the big cabbage silk picture... thank you! :cool:

·
Registered
1,246 Posts
Shane, that is an awesome offer and I will keep it in mind, I have a goal and am determined that by next spring I hope to have my own ride. Once again thanks for the offer its cool to have guys out there like you :cheers:

·
Registered
2,998 Posts
XTC, At least go buy one of those hatchery tags so when that (secret) late Coho fishery happens you can slaughter them too! :tongue: 5-cents...i'm gonna have to argue with you about that comment that you hit it too soon... with wobblers it's either hooked good or not..none of this wait..let it take it stuff...Make sure there is not too much hook swing on that new piece of hardware you got...My .02 :shrug: But what do i know?? :laugh:

MrDorkfish

Louis

·
Registered
327 Posts
NICE FISH MR. WESLEY,I bet the whole time ORION was saying are you sure you dont want to sturgeon fish....sincerely droughting in colorado steve.... :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts