IFish.net banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,670 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A gee orjus day for some Dungee's. :dance: Took my wife and kids. We got our limits of mostly full crab.

The fish checker said very slow for fishing.

Alex 7, braving the catch

·
Registered
2,100 Posts
Yes, fishing was practically non-existant. Fished Thurs Fri and Saturday and had one drive-by. Put pots in for a couple of hours and kept 48 crab. Threw back about 20% soft shells and got some really nice ones. In another month things should be prime.

·
Registered
2,112 Posts
We were out there too this weekend. Sunday was absolutely a perfect day out there. Threw back alot of soft shell but ended up keeping 8 limits for the weekend. Wont go again till late next month, should be better quality crab by then.

·
Registered
2,942 Posts
We got down to Hammond at daylight. It was a gorgeous day! Very little pressure. We dropped our crab pots and headed for Buoy 10. When we got to 10 we saw how flat the bar was and decided to improve our fish catching odds and we headed out to the CR Buoy.

The wind picked up and it was getting bumpy, but we stayed until 9:30am and picked up 2 silvers. We had some drive bys and some wild fish action.

We started trolling again when we got back to 10. The river was flat and the sun was shining. However, no fish action. No bites. We decided to go pull the pots. We had 5 pots and got 30 keeper crab in one pull. They are not totally full yet but we had some rather large ones.

The fish checker at the dock said she had only seen 7 fish including our two. Slow!!!!!!!!

When I got home I started the crab cooker and barbecue. Fresh silver salmon and crab for dinner. Wow!!!!!!! This is a great time of year.

·
Premium Member
22,117 Posts
Wish we'd taken crab pots!
Trolled all weekend, knocked my brother's birthday fish off at the net (yes, a keeper) on Saturday...only bite...

Ended up with two for son-in-law Sunday, but one had too many fins...Best bite we saw (and caught fish in) was above the bridge, washington side...caught both just off the hydrofoil wreck, fairly close to shore, but there were several caught farther in the middle in that other trench...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts