IFish Fishing Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
591 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Let's hear how you guys did today. I managed to open up tommorow's schedule for another trip. I still haven't had a take-down in 2 trips and seem to pick the wrong days to go. I'm trying to decide where to go tommorw and wanted some input. Thanks for any help/reports from today. Jesse

G

·
5 foot dropper, 4 foot leader. Blue tip chrome or half and half Alvin. Herring, Sardine, Anise and WD40 scent. 50+ water with current.

Teaching my kids to drive today. I must love them.

Rick

[ 09-13-2003, 02:37 PM: Message edited by: ****** ]

·
Registered
1,670 Posts
We managed one 15lb buck today before we had aah, err well.... let's just say an anchor problem. Fishing close to the mouth of Kalama.

·
Administrator
41,360 Posts
2 for 4 in 49 feet today. Kept a bright 20 or so hen. Released a relatively bright tule that was 35 - 40 (?) [41 inches / 26 girth], lost my favorite Simon due to failed Tuff Plus on my third [nick in the line?] and had one yank-yank-gone. Fished only from about 11 to 1 just below Frenchman's. Too sunny to read! :grin:

[ 09-13-2003, 03:41 PM: Message edited by: Pete ]

·
Registered
8 Posts
All by myself 47' of water 5 take downs 3 fish
one on alvin, one on home made spinner, and the last after change of tide trolling a lime/chart. magwart. Only kept one 40" long 28" girth you guess the weight. I say 30 to 35lbs. the others were in the 20's and had some color. below longview

·
Registered
3,031 Posts
Chinook Landing was bad today. I saw probably 2 fish for 200+ boats...

·
Registered
2,818 Posts
The mouth of the Cowlitz to the Longview bridge had more boats than the San Deigo freeway has cars today. We had one take down and no fish. Didn't see many caught in our area. Heard there was a good bite in the Cowlitz if yo could get thru all the boats.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Hi Blue Water 23,
I have fish this spot only twice and have caught 3 Chinook the past week. Here are the coordinates. Its no secret lots of boats. N45' 53.483 W122' 48.149 This is near Scapoose in the Columbia. The depth is 54 feet. We are using Wobblers with 4 foot dropper and 5 feet leader, with 8 oz. of weight. We have caught them on different colors. Mine has been the Bright orange and silver top half and then to yellow to Chartruese on the other end. My buddy uses the solid silver one. Also the Silver with the blue end has been hot also. Good luck, let us know if you can get into them.

·
Registered
1,462 Posts
Tanner Creek at the Boniville Dam Hatchery is full of salmon by the hundreds if you would like to see what they look like. Take Highway 84 to Boniville Dam (Moffet Creek exit) to fish hatchery. Go to end of road past parking lot to hatchery. Take a short trail to River and Tanner Creek. This will be going on for a while and you will seel hundreds of Salmon in the creek. The bank fishermen are doing good in this area with spinners.

·
Registered
12,181 Posts
I got to meet two ifishers ,redbull and letsfish.
Great guys and fishing was a blast. We hit the CR about an hour before ebb started so we trolled anvin, yes trolled. How no problem picking up tow fish, and one driveby. The larger fish of about 30 pounds was a tule, but the 20 pound fish was a bright chrome fish with good meat. I would'nt say it was hot out there where we went, I think we did pretty well but alot of boats looked to be blanked. We did see a guide boat doing well trolling also, with jet divers, and another boat using a fish flash doing well. Just goes to show that using a little intuition and creativity can pay off.
GBS

·
Registered
709 Posts
Sun. 9/14: 10:00 a.m. - 4:30 anchored downstream (west end of Govt. Island) 0 for 0, saw a couple of take downs and two fish caught for a pretty decent chunk of boats. I guess they were above us or below us :rolleyes: Fish checker said 8 fish for 60 boats (5:00 p.m.) at 42nd st. ramp or the 33rd st. ramp or the James Gleason ramp, whatever one might call it.
:grin: RIPPLE :grin:

[ 09-15-2003, 10:19 AM: Message edited by: RIPPLE ]

·
Registered
300 Posts
40 bagillion boats at the mouth of the cowlitz. We stayed downstream by the bridge. Saw maybe 8 caught for 70 boats (just in hoglines around us, not upstream, not sure how they did up there in the zoo). Pretty doggone slow. I was bummed. Not even a take down for three people fishing with myself using 5'-5' blue tip alvin/ 5'5' half and half alvin/ 5'-4' blue and chartruese/chrome alvin and trollin with a fatfish at tide change in about 49 foot of water using various scents of wd/salmon feast smelly jelly/ herring juice etc.

I can't seem to dial it in. :shrug:

[ 09-15-2003, 09:47 AM: Message edited by: Johnny Mac ]

·
Registered
47 Posts
Fished 73 both Saturday and Sunday. One rod for Saturday, one nice 35lb URB 44 feet. 4 rods Sunday, 5 for 7. Started inside at 40 and then moved to the outside in the afternoon.

Lots of fish caught, few boats punched out. Not much action above or below 73 from what we could see.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts