IFish.net banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
it has already been 6 years since that tragedy wow and it seems like it was just yesterday all thoose americans that were killed will always be in my prayers :pray:

·
Registered
22,364 Posts
And already folks have rewritten the history that is still so vividly in our minds. Conspiracy Theorists, haters of America, and those that will say anything to bring attention to themselves can go pound sand. Be very warey of those that hate americans and America. We will always be under attack and terrorists have no regard for human life whatsoever.

9/11 is a day we should all remember. A day that changed us all forever. A day that should have awakened us as a nation but has instead turned some of our own into yellow bellies that believe there is NO PROBLEM. What a shame.

I for one will never forget that day. I cried that day for those that died and lost loved ones. My heart sank at the thought that we had been attacked on our own soil in such a pronounced statement. I hope that one day we will all wake as a Nation and realize that we will be on the defensive for intruders of liberty, freedom and our way of life.

·
Registered
3,077 Posts
Some never learned and still live with their heads in the sand thinking that it could never happen again.

That day was the turning point for my family and part of why we joined our local CERT team. We all can't do everything... but everyone can do something.

·
Registered
5,603 Posts
Catch & Eat, My thought exactly. I am one that will never forget that morning. I am also one that will never forgive the "animals" that did it.

·
Registered
1,642 Posts
God Bless America!

·
Registered
2,676 Posts
My wife and I woke up on our first day of our honeymoon in Hawaii. We turned on the TV, and every channel was showing it. That same afternoon, almost every household and every business on the island put up American Flags. It was quite something to see.

I also vividly remember the people jumping out of the windows at the WTC. They don’t often show those clips anymore, but I still remember.

·
Registered
751 Posts
And already folks have rewritten the history that is still so vividly in our minds. Conspiracy Theorists, haters of America, and those that will say anything to bring attention to themselves can go pound sand. Be very warey of those that hate americans and America. We will always be under attack and terrorists have no regard for human life whatsoever.

9/11 is a day we should all remember. A day that changed us all forever. A day that should have awakened us as a nation but has instead turned some of our own into yellow bellies that believe there is NO PROBLEM. What a shame.

I for one will never forget that day. I cried that day for those that died and lost loved ones. My heart sank at the thought that we had been attacked on our own soil in such a pronounced statement. I hope that one day we will all wake as a Nation and realize that we will be on the defensive for intruders of liberty, freedom and our way of life.
:agree:

And the people that were behind 911 would like nothing more than to kill your family and mine I will never understand why some people dont realize this.

·
Registered
185 Posts
I wish they would quit showing these "new tapes" everytime they come out with one, because thats exactly what they want us to do. All it is doing is feeding the cause.:frown:

·
Registered
788 Posts
not a whisper mentioned in any of my daughter's classes today (10th grade). she's anxious for her history class tomorrow hoping they will discuss it. the response by citizens nationwide to that attack was unforgettable, and a moment in our history i'm proud of.

·
Banned
15,714 Posts
I can't believe it! Only 170 some views to this thread.....have we forgotten already? Where are those who swore they would never forget? My heart still goes out to all who lost their lives on 9/11/2001. I still pray for those who lost loved ones during that time as well as those who have been lost in the military responses.

Lest we forget....

·
Registered
788 Posts
i think we should see more than we saw around today.

·
Registered
921 Posts
I wish they would quit showing these "new tapes" everytime they come out with one, because thats exactly what they want us to do. All it is doing is feeding the cause.:frown:
I agree to a degree but I also feel that showing this perhaps might remind us that the threat is still there and hopefully we'll strive to become a little more secure in the near future.

Without bringing politics into this, I still do not feel that we are much safer or guarded than we were.

·
Registered
1,462 Posts
The real sad part is our borders are still not secure. We are still in danger from a terriost act. We are over loaded with illegals and more are comng.

Good Luck

·
Registered
17,794 Posts
Bernie, I don't think anyone has forgotten.

I'm still struggling with some words of mine that reflect upon children playing in a new world that started that day. It was a few years later, the older kids were playing a sort of version of ditch outside and the younger girls were playing dolls inside, I caught a few very interesting gazes from a brother and sister that were very startling to me. Hard to put words to it, but the gaze was very piercing and distant as if looking past or through something.

I've had to walk away from that piece for now, but I've not forgotten 9-11, waking my father to tell him we were at war, talking to a contractor on 9-12 who witnessed the Pentagon and him describing the F-16 that blasted across DC heading to where flight 93 would eventually crash, listening to my own kids cry on the phone scared because the F-15's from PDX scrambled and flew over our house full afterburner chasing something, all the while I'm stuck in Dallas Texas. I drove home that week 30 plus hours on the road - no contrails in the sky, cars with flags printed on paper taped in windows, mine eventually faded in the UV after a couple of years, its ghostly image still there in the right light.

Andy Latimer (Camel) later wrote a song about that day and the men and women who jumped from the towers to their deaths.

I saw a pearl of wisdom
in the spirit of a man
as he saved
the day he lost.

Time will say I told you so
if we look back in regret.
Never give a day away.
It won't return the same again.

Nothing can last
there are no second chances.
Never give a day away.
Always live for today.
I remember my first trip back to DC in Mid October and seeing the gaping hole in the Pentagon and the golden glint from the F-16 canopy's flying high cover over DC.

No I've not forgotten

1 - 20 of 20 Posts