IFish.net banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Banned
8,867 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been trying with little success to put my girlfriend into a fish. Every time we tried for springers they were a no show while we fished together, and she was convinced she was a jinx each time we went out so we gave up and headed to Astoria for some Gator fishing.
Fished the incomming Wed, and had several hits to produce these heavy thugs around 9am

20 minutes later this 43 invited itself for Dinner, and was landed on her rod but she panicked and handed it off.

So bound and determined to get her into a fish we left this am. (Friday the 13th)
First fish in was a forty :depressed: and twenty minutes later she hooks into a beaut, but it broke the leader while I tried to tail it!! :blush: :blush: it looked to be a 50+ inch fish. Shortly after another hits and we bank a 42 1/4" but decide we are in search for a larger one than our fish from wed and release it.

As we waited all of 20 minutes I began a bait check as her rod explodes into life...After the greatest hookset ever witnessed and performed by a rookie I watched with pride while she fought an epic 20 minute battle the JINX is over and she was rewarded with this 56"er that tipped the scales at 51lbs.

We used sandshrimp and anchovies on wed. Today we rigged with just sandshrimp as in the post earlier buy the carrot crew!! :cheers:

[ 06-13-2003, 11:53 PM: Message edited by: crabbait ]

·
Registered
685 Posts
I'm looking for a springer. Why don't you mention the word sturgeon somewhere to give us a head's up? Yea. Good for you.

-------D

·
Banned
8,867 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
PittsburghD,

Around these here parts Gators is slang for Sturgeon! :cheers:
10 am to 11:30 was best action :wink:

[ 06-13-2003, 09:53 PM: Message edited by: Fshklr ]

·
Banned
8,867 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
K85,
Fished several locations on the Wa side from the bank. Started near the ramp below Naselle at the pilings and worked my way towards the sign hole (#9) and continued towards Chinook, moving 4 times.

·
Registered
4,264 Posts
Good good good, but use gots to smile for those pics man! Make it at least look like you are enjoying yourself!!!!!
:rolleyes: :grin: :smile: :wink: :tongue:

·
Registered
1,776 Posts
Your going to hurt yourself caring those two monsters at the same time.

What did they weigh?

I'll take a guess......175lbs and 220lbs :wink:

Good job

·
Banned
8,867 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Same 56 just as it was landed

Zaq...here's my smile

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

[ 06-13-2003, 11:56 PM: Message edited by: crabbait ]

·