IFish Fishing Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
2,108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Friday we hooked 9, lost one, released 1 wild fish and kept 7 one shy of a boat limit. Sat we started slow landed one and lost 2 right off the bat then waited all day for something else to happen. The group I had with me were friends as well as clients so we stayed later than I usually do and wound up with a good bite in the late afternoon still couldnt seem to get them in the net and wound up with 8 hooked and only two landed. Maybe the lost fish were due to the fact that a bunch of banannas actually made it into the boat before being promptly thrown overboard. All 17 fish for friday and sat were hooked on cut plug green label herring in the willamette. Here are some pics from fri the 18th

I would call that a couple of good days.

·
Registered
11,223 Posts
Great Job

Thanks for the help yesterday... I was one of the droughters on the boat with Chris (XTC) we ended up 100% 0-0!

:cheers:

·
Registered
2,108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The bite didnt get going until around 3 or 3:30 wound up staying on the river until 5 but still couldnt get them in the net. we had three more right at the net and then they just popped the hooks. seemed that friday a downhill troll was best and sat it was uphill.

·
Registered
1,324 Posts
Dennis, I was in the same area Saturday and we cuaght only two fish.

While trolling through one of those patches of debris, we spotted a full cluster of bananas and thought we saw someones hand attached to it.

We joked about that bunch of bananas and finally came to the conclussion that someone much have taken them aboard a guides boat. With that many in a cluster, we decided to look for the body. Surprised you just didn't throw the guy from the boat. :shrug:

Next time you should check out their luncher and snacks before you allow them to board.

*Fish only bite wet hooks*

·
Registered
1,238 Posts
Dennis nice lookin' fish. hopefully I will get out of my slump and start nailin'em again. Nice seeing you on the water yesterday.............Chris

·
Registered
2,108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
xtc,
I am sure you will, thanks for the smoked fish. Oh and it was a big bunch of bananas and the offender was the first one to catch a fish and still had both her hands.

·
Registered
4,264 Posts
I am the guy that owns and was operating the droughting boat that Chris and Shane were on. We brought BIGNBRITE Bobby with us to hopefully turn it on, a ringer so to speak. That didn't even work. Good to see you out there and nice job on the fish slaying........

·
Registered
244 Posts
Nice Job.

I have to help support the banana theory. My buddy and I had been out about 9 times with nothing. Not even a driveby. After reading about the banana problem the next time we went out I didn't take any bananas and guess what. I caught me a nice 13lber. My first salmon ever. About 3 hours later I hooked into a really nice one but my knot tying skills lacked and the leader came off the swivel. You can bet next time there ain't going to be any bananas onboad and I'll make sure I tie that knot correctly.

·
Registered
10,838 Posts
VERY NICELY DONE!! :cheers:

·
Registered
2,108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I dont think there is any scientific basis for the bananna theory, but after many many tough days getting fish in the net or even to bite I now ask if anyone has banannas before we get in the boat. Sat I made the mistake of waiting until we were leaving the dock probably due to the crowds at the ramp and being in a hurry to get out of the way.

·
Registered
3,838 Posts
Saturday was a strange day for loosing fish. We had three on and lost all of them. I saw several other fish lost Saturday. I think it has to do with a really soft bite on Saturday.

·
Registered
2,108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
scott K - buoy 10 techniques deltas no flashers and cut plug herring forget about bouncing the bottom.
Scott T. I will only be doing a very limited astoria keeper thing this year most likely mid to late June. I may do a little before oversized in early may.

[ 04-21-2003, 06:17 PM: Message edited by: Biteme ]

G

·
Originally posted by Biteme:
I dont think there is any scientific basis for the bananna theory, but after many many tough days getting fish in the net or even to bite I now ask if anyone has banannas before we get in the boat. Sat I made the mistake of waiting until we were leaving the dock probably due to the crowds at the ramp and being in a hurry to get out of the way.
<font size="2" face="verdana,arial,helvetica">
it!

Nice Guideman.

Rick

·
Registered
395 Posts
Very impressive. I think we can call that a fishing exhibition
. I'm glad I wasn't on the river watching that, I think I would of lost my mind since I would of been one of the droughters.

:cheers: Geoff

1 - 20 of 21 Posts