IFish Fishing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
11,223 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well it’s finally over… my 7 days of open seats came to an end today. I took out Shane (Stew) and Brian (93 Striper) for a day on the water and had a great time (clappy hands)!

Things started of real slow for us. I got to my spot I have been fishing and there was Fishon and Zzzzzzzz’s anchored up in the slot that I covet!
Oh well we anchored up to the outside and we only got one pound down for 3 hours effort. I was thinking, what’s the friggen deal when Brian produced a yellow fruit that his wife packed him for lunch! Yikes! Now I don’t really believe in these silly superstitions but a BANANA? :hoboy: Well he ate the dang thing and we decided to move a ways downriver to get away from the banana-infected zone. We anchored up in another little honey hole, prayed to the Chinook God’s, made an offering and waited.

Soon we were awarded with the presence of Gizmo Man and his amazing crotch licking wonder dog (don’t ask). Anyway as soon as he showed up Stew’s rod took a dive, and I mean a hard dive! BAM… BAM… BAM! Stew jumped up like a pro and put the wood to the fish and the fight was on. It was tough telling who was catching who for a while… Stew had the fish, no wait the fish had Stew, no wait Stew has the fish… after a see-saw battle this chrome 29.7 lb beauty of a hen! Way to go Stew!

A while later it was Brian’s turn and my old reliable Alvin decided to entice a fish onto my line for him and we were off to the fights again. Brian has not had a chance in his young fishing career to land many fish but he handled this buck like a pro! Way to go dude I hope you had a great BBQ tonight for your family!

Here are the boys with their catch at the dock!

I had a great time with both of you guys and you are welcome back on my boat anytime. Giz it was nice meeting you and your wonder dog, you lucky guy! I saw a few more Ifishers out there too, nice to see all of you.

I had a great week with all of you Ifishers. Thanks for putting up with me Russel, Thomas, Chris, Joey, Mary, Chris, Ryan, Jason, Ryan, Ben, John, Julie, Geoff, Bardell, Larry, Joey, Brian and last but not least Stew. It was a great 7 days and was tons of fun! We ended up hooking 57 fish and landed 30, way to go guys and gals!

Ifish thanks for sharing… no seriously this time. What a great forum to meet people that have the same interests and have an opportunity to get to know a bunch of new people that love to do what I do. I really have to say the community feeling on Ifish has never been higher all around than it has been the last few weeks! I have to applaud all the boat owners that took people out in the last few days and got them into fish, especially on Thursday. It looks like there were a lot of people that got their first shot at an URB! Way to go ladies and gentlemen! :cheers:

Well I am going to sleep in tomorrow and take my son to his soccer game… then you guessed it I am taking my family out on the water to catch the end of the tide! Hey what else do you think I would do on a day off!

·
Banned
8,867 Posts
Geat pics,
and great story too! enjoyed your posts and pics throughout the 7 days :bowdown: :dance:

·
Registered
3,728 Posts
Way to go boys! Nice fish, both of them, especially the 29.7, that's a nice hen Stew!

Shane, I applaud your providing all the open seats this week and getting everyone into fish.

·
Registered
3,978 Posts
Well you had a great week. If you ever want to just sit and fish and not worry about getting your boat out and all the other stuff that goes along with being captian let me know your always welcome on my boat. I wiil always have an open seat for you. Just think of it you could relax.

Thanks again for shareing you spots and all the reports.
Clappy hands to you!

Small Fry

·
Registered
455 Posts
Great job, 5-cents. I think your seven day saga was a tremendous show of generosity
Sharing your boat and obvious fish catching abilities is truly great. Your posts are fun to read, but like some magazines, the pics are even better. Hope to see you out on the water again soon and keep up the great posts. :cheers:

·
Registered
68 Posts
Shane, I want to thank you for the trip on the TAJ, It was fun even tho I needed the sign to make you feel sorry for me!!! You done good this last week for all the rides to ifishers. You are to be commended. Go carrots! :cheers: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance:

G

·
Thanks Shane for the fun day! We had a lot of laughs.Don't worry Carrot crew Shane did not reveal the ingredients to the famous Carrot milk.

·
Registered
1,524 Posts
Shane,

I respect you for being an accomplished fisherman, but I respect you more for being willing to teach your craft. Thanks from all of us rookie's.

thanks for sharing

·
Registered
1,670 Posts
Thanks for a great time on the river in the TAJ! :dance:

It was real nice meeting you and Stew.

We didn't get many chances today but we made both stick. Your a class act Shane and it is with honor I give you clappy

·
Registered
327 Posts
WOW quite the fine week of URB fishing ......well the closest thing to a pound-down i get anymore is off my coors light.....take care shane and all you team carrot boys...sincerely droughting in colorado steve

G

·
Grant, his head is way too big already. :blush: :grin: :wink:

Chromer Stew and Brian. :cool:

[ 09-13-2003, 02:43 PM: Message edited by: ****** ]

·
Registered
993 Posts
:laugh:

[ 09-13-2003, 03:34 PM: Message edited by: Get Bent Tackle ]

·
Registered
4,264 Posts
Thanks for sharing, it looks like you had a special week. Clappy hands.

[ 09-13-2003, 06:45 PM: Message edited by: ZaQ ]

G

·
XTC, you are too quiet. :wink:

5 Cents did not even know what a Chinook looked like until you showed him where and how? :blush:

Thanks for sharing. :dance: Nice job.

Got you a good job though. :laugh:

(Disclaimer - this is an attempt at humor, not a shot a 5 Cents :wink: )

·
Registered
11,223 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
You got that you wrong there Nookster! :rolleyes: I learned how to fall king fish on this board reading your posts along with FM and FWF1 last year! :grin: :cool:

Now springers thats another story

·
Registered
1,318 Posts
AHAAAAAA!!!!! I've been wondering where my 11 year old daughters new school shoes disappeared too!!!! SHE WANTS 'EM BACK STEW...NOW!!!!!
:shocked: :rolleyes: :tongue:
Kinda hate to do it, they do look really cute on ya!!!!

1 - 20 of 21 Posts